PDA

View Full Version : Cold hands and feet--am I the only one?

Strumbelina
01-13-2006, 12:42 PM
This problem is definately worse in the winter. Even with my heater on and big thick socks, my feet are soooo cold and my hands too! :shiver Thing is, it's not even that cold outside...I don't need a jacket when I go out! The rest of my body feels comfortable. Also I notice sometimes one hand will be cold and the other will not. Like when I am playing the guitar, my strumming hand gets real cold.....it must be some sort of circulation thing, but I don't know what to do for it. I did just start on a homeopathic (constitutional) remedy on Tuesday, and maybe I will see some improvement. I do need to be better about my exercise which I am working on. I am very thin, and maybe that has something to do with it too, I dunno. :shrug

Sometimes I just set my hands and feet in a sink-full of hot water to warm them up......is that weird? Dh thinks that is weird. In the summer time, I walk around barefoot most of the time and don't feel this problem for the most part (except I am given to having cold hands most of the time). Also when I go to bed I end up kicking off my socks, cause my feet feel too warm.

Oh and my feet and ankles swell too. Not all the time, not everyday, but esp. if I have worked all day (I'm a nurse). Sometimes they swell earlier in the day.....I can't figure it out. Anyway, thought I would ask about it here to see if others experience anything like this, and if so.....

what do you do about it?
:popcorn

MagnoliaMommy
01-13-2006, 01:56 PM
I have cold hands and feet as well. I am not what you would call a thin person though. :O

I always wear socks (even then my feet are still cold) and I just hold my hands under warm, running water to warm them up.
I can be fully clothed and wearing socks and still have colder hands and feet than my ds who is only wearing a tee and underwear (his outfit by choice ;)).

:popcorn

Mamatoto
01-13-2006, 02:32 PM
A chiropractor may be able to help you with this.

Also, it is very important in keeping the entire body warm, to keep the lower legs warm. For kids, we have woolies, and there are some for adults, too! It is important to have layers on your calves. We also loose a lot of heat through our heads so if you have hat you could wear everywhere, it may help your general body warmth. :scarf

Strumbelina
01-13-2006, 02:38 PM
What are woolies?

I was wondering about the chiropractor since it does seem to be worse on one side--maybe there is an alignment issue.....