PDA

View Full Version : Is there a non-dairy, non-soy, non-partially hydrogenated coffee creamer?

Lady TS
01-11-2006, 06:40 AM
I am doing a no-dairy test on myself and am almost dying not having creamer for my coffee/tea. I don't want to use 'non-dairy creamer' because of the partially hydrogenated ickies in it, and I'd really like to stay away from soy...

Anyone know of a creamer that fits my description?

Wonder Woman
01-11-2006, 06:53 AM
:popcorn
please, please tell me there is such a thing!

MidnightCafe
01-11-2006, 07:23 AM
Does it have to be creamy? I use vanilla rice milk in my coffee most of the time.

Cindy
01-11-2006, 07:58 AM
"Non-dairy" creamer has milk protein in it anyways. You would be better off with heavy cream which has little of the protein and lactose. Don't know why they call it "non-dairy". :shrug

cobluegirl
01-11-2006, 10:53 PM
Have you tried almond milk??

Lady TS
01-12-2006, 06:15 AM
Nope, haven't tried almond milk. I am trying to make it to the end of the month-ish before I spend money at the store. Maybe I will try almond milk then.

I do have some Better than Milk soy and Better Than Milk Rice drink. Tried the rice drink yesterday :crazy2 I'm not too crazy about the stuff anyway-it's hard to mix up.

Or I could just give up coffee. :shifty

Wonder Woman
01-12-2006, 06:32 AM
Or I could just give up coffee. :shifty

Or drink it black, which I usually prefer :mrgreen But in the winter I want vanilla-ish, creamy coffee. And I'm allergic to nuts. Soy gives me migraines. And I can't find rice milk w/o my allergens in it.

And dairy gives my still-bf son eczema. Hmph.

RealLifeMama
01-12-2006, 07:29 AM
I have a friend who likes to put hazelnut milk in her coffee.
Sounds good but I haven't tried it.

Lady TS
01-12-2006, 07:41 AM
I have a friend who likes to put hazelnut milk in her coffee.
Sounds good but I haven't tried it.

Where do you get almond or hazelnut milk?

willjenn
01-12-2006, 01:36 PM
vances dairy free milk substitute. It is potato based (no dairy, no soy, no gluten, no rice, no nuts) and makes a great coffee creamer. It is sold in powder and you mix it with water. You can order it online, but I have never seen it in a store, but I live in Alabama so we don't have very many allergen free options. I also have some coconut milk and that sounds like it would be good but I haven't tried it yet.