PDA

View Full Version : Question about stomach virus, skin blotches??

mom2jolakeil
01-10-2006, 08:28 PM
Johannah's been sick since Friday. She went to school but slept for 2 hours when she got to Gma and Gpa's. She lost at least 7lbs from then til yesterday. She's finally eating and is up half a pound as of tonight. She's eating again, but she was still VERY weak until this afternoon.

She seems to be on the mend now. But her skin is modeled (I believe that's what we called it when I was a Nurse's Aide). Her skin has purple blotches on it :think Should I be concerned? I know when a patient' skin got like that we were supposed to contact the Head Nurse, but I don't have one handy :shifty

cobluegirl
01-10-2006, 09:34 PM
I am not sure what it is you are talking about..can you find a pic?? splotchy?

mom2jolakeil
01-11-2006, 11:59 AM
Her skin was mottled, it's back to normal today. I'm wondering if she was just really cold :shrug She went to school today, but I made sure they knew she was still weak.

godsgracegiven
01-11-2006, 02:47 PM
It sounds like she was/is dehydrated and if she can handle them, I would up her liquid intake. Praying she feels better soon. :pray

cobluegirl
01-11-2006, 10:50 PM
shew...glad she seems ok...someone I heard talking tonight was talking about splotchy skin and menicockal(sp) that mennigitus stuff..and I would think about was your post..lol

mom2jolakeil
01-12-2006, 06:15 PM
shew...glad she seems ok...someone I heard talking tonight was talking about splotchy skin and menicockal(sp) that mennigitus stuff..and I would think about was your post..lol

That's what I was afraid of too. But I don't think it was that kind of blotchy skin. She's much better now. I'm not taking her to basketball tonight, it ends at 8:30 and we wouldn't get home till 9, I htink she (and her sisters) need to go to bed early tonight.