PDA

View Full Version : Ds is sick

Katydid
01-09-2006, 11:22 AM
My 2 year old has been sick this past week. Well, actually we've all been passing it around to each other (In-laws are visiting) His symptoms have been a little different from ours, so that's why I'm wondering if it might be something more serious than just a cold. :shrug He started out with a runny nose and cough a little over a week ago and then he got a fever for two days that went away on it's own without treatment. The highest it was was 103. Now the cough is slightly better, but he still has a runny nose and now he has gunky/red eyes. Does this still just sound like a cold, or could it be something more serious? Should I call the doctor? I am holding out because we currently have no insurance, but if it might be something serious, I don't want to risk it, yk? My instinct is saying it's just a cold, but I don't know if he should be treated so it doesn't turn into something more serious..... please help to reassure me and/or give me some advice as to what I should do! :nails TIA

cobluegirl
01-10-2006, 11:22 AM
I would say follow your instinct. His body sounds like it is fighting an infection. Do you still have breast milk? you can place that in his eyes.

Katydid
01-10-2006, 01:02 PM
I think we have decided that he has pink eye...... My milk dried up during pregnancy, but now I have a little colostrum and I have been putting that in his eyes.... do you think that will have the same effect? I think we will continue to wait it out... he does seem to be slowly improving! :phew

JoyGal
01-11-2006, 04:06 PM
:pray that ds gets better very soon. You might want to have that checked out though, pink eye can turn pretty serious if not treated. :heart