PDA

View Full Version : Help me get inspired. . . .

cklewis
01-05-2006, 01:40 PM
You know how you have a project that's way, way different from any other that you've ever done, so you put it off. And off. And off.

So I need you all to kick me.

When I was 10, my parents bought me a dollhouse that my brother and Dad said they'd put together. They never did. :shrug

When my parents moved down south in Nov, 2002, they said, "Hey -- you want this dollhouse?" Being someone who has a hard time turning anything down, I said, "SURE!!"

Mind you -- it was not put together and there were NO instructions and the foundation was rotted away.

So DH began threatening, "If that's not done by Spring. . . ."

Well, that was a hard winter. Emotionally. I had just had my 4th pg loss and the doc was talking a real aggressive approach with figuring out my problem. He put me on birth control to prepare me for an operative hysteroscopy to remove scar tissue that had caused my last miscarriage. I hate BC. I don't do well on it. And I thought the surgery would be right away. But it was EIGHT weeks away!! That's forever when you're 34 and wanting to have a baby. That's TWO cycles.

But I had to wait. And I decided to do everything in those 8 weeks that I couldn't do pregnant. Well, I don't drink. I don't smoke. I don't bungee jump. . . . That only leaves noxious fumes! And so I puttered around that dollhouse. I prayed during that time. God really helped me, and He used that silly project to talk to me and love on me and get me to be still. I needed it.

And it went from yucky to this:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v318/cklewis/000_0024.jpg

I know that there are some window thingies missing there. I couldn't find them in a hurry. And the porch railings aren't straight. . . . That brings me to my need for inspiration.

The next thing is electricity. Before I can put the railings on permanently, I need to do the electricity. I have the kit. I have the little book. I just need to do it. And it seems overwhelming. Once I do it, I can start the really fun part of decorating it. But first wiring. :doh

HELP!!

C

PS -- The rocks on the foundation are my favorite part. Aren't they cool?

Chris3jam
01-05-2006, 01:49 PM
That is SO neat! :clap That is great! Get 'er finished, now, will ya, so we can see it all bright and lit up! I'll be expecting to see a pic. . .oh, sometime next week! :)

greenemama
01-05-2006, 01:51 PM
it's very, very cool. :grin

joystrength
01-05-2006, 01:52 PM
So, does Isaac just DROOL to get his hands on it?

DogwoodMama
01-05-2006, 01:55 PM
Oh, I am SOOO jealous!!!! *drool* It's my dream to do a project like that, I was going to wait until kiddoes were a bit older though. :grin

Amber
01-05-2006, 01:58 PM
Wow that looks really great. I would pass the electricity off to my dh, but then he likes doing that kind of thing...

cklewis
01-05-2006, 02:07 PM
So, does Isaac just DROOL to get his hands on it?

Well, he DOES get his hands on it. :shifty I've always giggled at the thought that Matchbox cars will drive on the roof. :giggle

Sigh. . . . Painting I get. That little copper tape wiring I don't get.

C

expatmom
01-05-2006, 02:09 PM
And I decided to do everything in those 8 weeks that I couldn't do pregnant. Well, I don't drink. I don't smoke. I don't bungee jump. . . . That only leaves noxious fumes!

I've got to tell you, that I so enjoy your posts!

The dollhouse looks great. It is a way bigger project then I could ever take on! May your nesting instincts kick in & help you to finish this project!

PS: We have a dollhouse (not as nice, more plasticky). DS loves tucking his hotwheels into the beds or pretending they are sitting at the dining room table.

MomToDM
01-05-2006, 03:11 PM
That is beautiful! :rockon

tempus vernum
01-10-2006, 09:38 PM
:clap THat is AMAZING!