PDA

View Full Version : getting a used sewing machine today

beccafromlalaland
01-05-2006, 10:08 AM
I'm excited...It's not the brand or type I wanted but it's SOMETHING!!! :tu :tu It's a Kenmore, I know nothing about these machines

Aisling
01-05-2006, 10:17 AM
:highfive ohhh, you'll have such fun! :mrgreen

Grover
01-06-2006, 10:29 AM
wahooooo :highfive

tempus vernum
01-17-2006, 10:46 PM
SOmeone gave me an ancient used kenmore and a friend who sews told me the ancient ones that are metal are decent to have because they are more sturdy than the newer plastic models. It ran really bad and I got it fixed/tuned up. BUT in my post about tuning up larwain tells how to clean tune up yourself. I am going to do that next time. I thought my machine stunk but it really really really sews very nicely :tu

Hope you are enjoying your machine!

beccafromlalaland
01-17-2006, 11:08 PM
My Grandma was a seamstress for goodness 30yrs or so. She helped me get the machine up and running...I actually think she's a bit jealous :giggle It has a beautiful stitch, and runs very smoothly.

QuiltinGramma
01-17-2006, 11:50 PM
Kenmore usually has good products, though I'm not familiar with their sewing machines. Have fun with it! And, if you unfamiliar with sewing clothes and if that is what you want to do, get the easy patterns to start out with. I've been sewing for many many years and there are some patterns that I'd just as soon throw into the trash instead of finishing them. :hissyfit But I do love to sew and just finished a quilted table runner and quilted bread cloth for my brother. (It's a little late for the holidays but........better late than never!) :jump :roll :jump