PDA

View Full Version : anyone itching to dig?

greenemama
01-02-2006, 07:43 AM
i've pulled out the gardening books now that the snow has melted and the mud is everywhere. i'm doodling and thinking of what i'm putting where. anyone else? it's not too early, right? best to have a plan . . . :grin

when is the best time to start stuff indoors under a light?

expatmom
01-02-2006, 07:49 AM
Well, we still have a foot of snow, so it would be a bit premature to dig. I think we will have snow for another couple of months unfortunately.

I have been planning to move a few larger bushes when it thaws. And I am hoping that my rose bushes are enjoying the snow blanket & will come back green in the spring!

godsgracegiven
01-02-2006, 12:20 PM
Me, me, me!! :yes Right now my yard looks horrible. :sad2 I can't wait in tell it warms up so I can get out there and work on it. Plus a mole moved in over the winter, so I gotta do something about that. :rolleyes

We start our indoors stuff in March. We live in the northwest though, so I dunno when it would be in your area.

joyfulmomof2
01-02-2006, 02:49 PM
Oooh I wish I was that motivated!

Wholly Mama
01-04-2006, 10:44 AM
uh-huh :yes

Aisling
01-04-2006, 10:53 AM
Yep. :D I'm already plotting away..

Mama Calidad
01-04-2006, 10:56 AM
My garden could use some TLC. You're welcome to come dig here. :grin

Piper2
01-04-2006, 11:15 AM
Kevin bought me a Chia Head for Christmas, and we've got it soaking in water right now and will "plant" the seeds tomorrow.

Does that count as gardening? ;)

godsgracegiven
01-04-2006, 11:21 AM
Kevin bought me a Chia Head for Christmas, and we've got it soaking in water right now and will "plant" the seeds tomorrow.

Does that count as gardening?

hehehehehe!! Of course!! :laughtears My kiddos want a Chia pet and are driving me nuts with the chia jinggle. :)

Mama Calidad
01-04-2006, 11:26 AM

I wanted one of those so bad when I was little. I never got one. :no2 Maybe I'll buy the kids one if I see them in the store. :giggle

Piper2
01-04-2006, 11:47 AM
[My kiddos want a Chia pet and are driving me nuts with the chia jinggle. :)

One of the funniest things I ever heard was one day when I was working in a chain drug store back in the late 80's. It was around Christmastime, but believe it or not, we didn't carry Chia Pets. ;) This woman walked up to the counter and, serious as anything, asked me if we carried the "Ch-ch-ch-chia." :eyebrow I told her no, but another employee who had been standing close by asked her again what she was looking for, and she said, "A Ch-ch-ch-chia." Now she never stuttered during the rest of the conversation, so it was obvious that this poor woman actually thought that was the name of the thing, not just the jingle! :giggle

godsgracegiven
01-05-2006, 12:00 AM
:laughtears Lisa that is too funny!! :lol