PDA

View Full Version : Easy blanket?

BearyBlessed
12-14-2005, 01:52 PM
I got the idea from another site to make a blanket for DH and put on some iron-on pics or stitch on some words or something cute. Does anyone know an easy way to make a blanket? Or would I need to buy one? He would want something pretty big, but it would be as a throw. He really likes the queen/king size blanket we have to cuddle up in. But, I'm not sure I can make something that big very easily. Plus it might be easier to just buy one at Ross or something.
Sorry for the ramble, I'm just trying to think this through. Any ideas, suggestions for me?

SilverMoon
12-14-2005, 02:40 PM
I think buying a blanket and embellishing it would be easiest. What do you think you'll put on it?

BearyBlessed
12-14-2005, 02:50 PM
I'm not completely sure. I saw an idea of scanning photos to iron-on paper, but I don't think our printer would do well with that. But then, I think I could take it to a copy shop to do it. WE just got pics taken a couple days ago, so I would use those and maybe some of our wedding photos.
Another idea was to make an outline of my body or at least arms, and write something about being wrapped in my arms. Maybe written in ribbon, maybe stitched, maybe iron-on words?

I would be open to other ideas as well. I just want something special that doesn't cost too much. We're trying to keep things to a minimum this year because we have bought some bigger things for our house recently.

2sunshines
12-14-2005, 02:56 PM
The easiest definitely would be to buy one. Especially if you are embellishing it, since that is going to be a lot of work.

If you want to make one, I'd go with the fleece one. You know, where you have two layers of fleece, cut fringes on all sides, and two them together. I made one for my kids and they love it. It's quick and easy, but you'd probably want to embellish the one side before you sewed them together, if you went that route. :think