PDA

View Full Version : Now i really need name suggestions Update!

ServingGod
12-13-2005, 11:41 AM
this is our dog named Freckles.... I have to register her and the name is STILL not coming!!!!!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v328/alana4297/HPIM0111.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v328/alana4297/HPIM0112.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v328/alana4297/HPIM0110.jpg

She wasnt too amused here
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v328/alana4297/HPIM0065.jpg

arwen_tiw
12-13-2005, 12:00 PM
She needs a new name? I'm feeling "Sheba" - and yes, I know it's more associated with cats... :/ She looks like a Sheba to me. :-)

Bonnie
12-13-2005, 12:02 PM
She needs a new name? I'm feeling "Sheba" - and yes, I know it's more associated with cats... :/ She looks like a Sheba to me. :-)

Yup.

ServingGod
12-13-2005, 12:10 PM
I need to fill out her ukc registration papers. Freckles is the name the breeder gave her, and it seems to cutesy or something to me. Sheba could fit....she does look rather sphinx-ish!! Especially in that one photo. :giggle

Bonnie
12-13-2005, 12:11 PM
Another along those lines would be Cleopatra.

arwen_tiw
12-13-2005, 12:14 PM
Even with the freckles and those puppy eyes she still has this air of grace about her. She's a real princess in those photos... :-) I still think she's a Sheba - or something like that. Cleopatra would go too though. I don't know - she definately doesn't look like she needed to be called "Freckles"! :rolleyes

What kind of temperament does she have?

ServingGod
12-13-2005, 12:19 PM
She is sweet, and silly, a total love bug!! She is a rat terrier, and has what they call RATtitude. :giggle but she gets over herself pretty fast! She is just awesome with the children...loves to play fetch...has lots of energy, and thinks she is a person. :shifty She is 7 months old and still in an awkward growth phase...but Im really impressed with how she is turning out!!! Yeah....Im not feeling Freckles...I feel like a big idiot yelling it or telling people her name is Freckles. :shifty

Bonnie
12-13-2005, 12:27 PM
Another point in favor of "Sheba" is that nice long vowel in the middle of it. "Sheeee-baaaa." Good for yelling out the back door. :)

Kingskid
12-13-2005, 06:43 PM
I think she looks like a "Roxie" to me. I like Cleopatra too,and you could call her Cleo. CuTe!

J3K
12-13-2005, 07:05 PM
I would be hesitant to change a dog's name. If she responds to Freckles....I'd leave it.

I came up with couple: this one was my fave:
Her Royal Highness Francesca Anastasia (freckels for short)

2nd pick was:
Freckles Andromeda Bean

Others I liked:
Bianca Chipples

Princess Ophelia Francesca (freckles)

Penelope

Patches

Fancy Freckles

Frankie Roses

Frances FunnyGirl

Frisky Mittens

Annie

My past dogs:
Sir Oliver Thomas Sebastian
Sir Tobias Nathaniel

Kingskid
12-14-2005, 07:32 AM
How old is your pup? We adopted a dog whoe was a year old and his name was Snowball/Snowy for short. No offense, but :sick. We couldn't handle it. So we called him Max and he had no problem with the switch. However, if your doggie is older and use to the name then I agree with Jennifer...I'd leave it Freckles. Ya know, I think I heard somewhere once that dogs only catch the last syllable of the name, so if that is true then you could find a name that has an "L's" sound and be fine. Of course that would mean we would have two dogs with confusion b/c we have a pin-kie and now a lu-cky and they sound the same.

I love Jennifer's name suggestions - esp Princess Ophelia Francesca! Totally princessy and worthy of high regard!

ServingGod
12-14-2005, 08:17 AM
Ophelia was a name Ive been toying around with actually! That could work. Im going to run it by dh. She is only 7months old, and responds to anything I call her if Im talking...she is right there....jumping like a ping pong ball. :giggle

arwen_tiw
12-14-2005, 09:37 AM
I like Ophelia. :mrgreen

J3K
12-14-2005, 11:18 AM
I like Ophelia because it has so many nicknames.

Opie

Lia

Fifi

Ophy

Lee lee

etc...

I'm an animal name nut. We come up with the weirdest names for our pets. Correction *I* do.

My favorite cat was FBI Special Agent Micah Steele.

ServingGod
12-15-2005, 09:59 AM
I have decided! LOL! Her registered name willl be....Lady Ophelia's Dream. HEr mother was Dream Dancer....so we are using a parents name in there! She went to the vet today....and weighs a whopping 7.5 pounds!!! :giggle

J3K
12-15-2005, 12:18 PM
That name suits her poifectly.

Kingskid
12-16-2005, 07:28 AM
:yes Great name!