PDA

View Full Version : Come Meet Moses

righteous mama
12-05-2005, 02:59 PM
We went to a Rabbit Fair on Saturday at the Fairplex in Pomona. We walked in, went to the left, and bought a bunny. :shifty He is almost two months old and has a pedigree. We're hoping Mary will be able to show him in the county fair.

I have a picture on my blog....http://www.xanga.com/naturalmama72

domesticzookeeper
12-05-2005, 03:10 PM
I responded on your blog as well, but I just can't get over how cute he is! :heart :grin

Is he a Holland Lop? I know a couple HL breeders, and they say they're cute, but not the sharpest crayons in the box :giggle

Rabbits make such wonderful pets, so playful and sweet and full of personality (otherwise known as "bunnitude" :rolleyes2)

Hope you enjoy him (won't be too long before he hits the terrible teens :shifty - they get better afterwards, I promise ;))

Epieikeia
12-05-2005, 03:12 PM
I love Lops! I had a Mini Lop as a child and took her to a few shows...she died at the age of 8. :jawdrop

righteous mama
12-05-2005, 03:30 PM
Wow, Shanna! That was one stubborn rabbit! :giggle Our Bean died at age fourish. We had her for four years, and we have no idea how old she was when we got her. This is my sixth bunny...my first time raising one for show and possible breeding. I'd like to house train him, I've never done that before. Bean came naturally trained.

Yes, he is a Holland Lop. He is such a sweetie. He loves to nuzzle. He'll sit on my chest and nuzzle into my neck. :heart

domesticzookeeper
12-05-2005, 03:34 PM
I love Lops! I had a Mini Lop as a child and took her to a few shows...she died at the age of 8. :jawdrop

Actually, that's not all that uncommon. My own rabbits are 6 (nearly 7) and 5 1/2. I know several people who have rabbits well into their teens, I think the oldest recorded age for a rabbit was 18 :eek

Check out the House Rabbit Society for tips on litter training: http://www.rabbit.org/

boonpnutsmom
12-05-2005, 03:59 PM
He is adorable! :heart

Sanveann
12-05-2005, 05:56 PM
Awwwwwwww!!!

Epieikeia
12-05-2005, 06:49 PM
Emily...cool link thank you! :tu

UltraMother
12-05-2005, 08:20 PM
:heart

QuiltinGramma
12-06-2005, 01:43 AM
He is very cute :yes

And, yes, you can litter-box train your bunny. We did it with our rabbit. You won't let him have free-range of the house like you would a cat cause he will go places where you don't want him and chew on wires and other neat stuff. So just supervised free time only.

Good luck!

Bobbie

righteous mama
12-06-2005, 12:13 PM
We're thinking of making or buying a pen...just like stiff chicken wire in a circle...that can be placed on the kitchen or bathroom floor. Then we can put a litter box, a nest, etc in there and he can be in the house and a part of the family. AND dd's can't get him out of the cage. Right now he goes between two cages. One is a travel cage that is sturdy and small. That is where he eats and sleeps. Then we have this horrible cage that is good only for letting him run. He's so small that the travel cage is not too small for periods of time...and the bad cage is perfect for exercise. The bad cage is bad because it is difficult to hook the water bottle and the food bowl onto the cage...and if you try to move it, it falls apart. Our last bunny is when we bought it and I picked it up to move it and the whole thing came apart...bunny, food, litter ALLLLLL over the carpet. And I was alone so I had to figure out how to keep bunny safe while cleaning it all up. I managed, but since then it has been labeled the bad cage. (Oh my goodness...I just remembered we have another cage! :doh I'll have to get that down this afternoon!)

Mama Calidad
12-06-2005, 12:17 PM
He's so cute! Who named him?

righteous mama
12-06-2005, 01:02 PM
I did. I'm not sure why...it just came to me when I saw him. :-)

Mama Calidad
12-06-2005, 01:11 PM
It's a cute name. I was wondering, because DD named three kittens yesterday. She named them Calico, Mandy and Poor. Poor Poor. What kind of a name was that? :hunh I was curious if your kids had named bunny or had help or what. :grin

There's a really cute book that we read last week with a mouse named Moses. It's Three pebbles and a song by Eileen Spinelli. It's really one of the best children's books that I've read with Sissy in a long, long time. :tu :tu

righteous mama
12-06-2005, 01:18 PM
Poor! :laughtears I love it. Oh, Poor Kitten! Come here, Poor Kitten! It's pretty creative, actually. We're always calling my sister's dog, "Poor doggie" 'cause she acts like she never gets any lovin' and in reality she gets way more than her fair share. :giggle

I'll have to look for that book. :tu

J3K
12-14-2005, 11:22 AM
I'm late responding..but had to tell you that I have a cat named Moses.

Sir Moses Alexander . We call him B.K. for short. (bunny killer)

ROFLOL SORRY......he catches bunnies. Or snakes. Or full size birds. Or squirrels.