PDA

View Full Version : It's official...

domesticzookeeper
11-25-2005, 09:16 AM
I have completely lost all perspective in regards to the pets (aka "small, furry people").

Not only did I buy and wrap gifts for each of them, in addition to stocking stuffers, I bought gifts for each of my best friend's pets (two rabbits, two birds, and several fish) and am seriously considering getting my furkids their own little Christmas tree.

Am I crazy? Perhaps, but it's oh-so-much fun :grin

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v470/spacemonkey1812/Stockingscropped.jpg

stockings from left to right: four cats (Beeper, Scully, Miko, Stephanie), two rabbits (Rex, Peanut), and two mice (Chuck, Martin)

expatmom
11-25-2005, 02:48 PM
I've bought our hampster a present already. I am also planning to get matching gifts, one for our cat and one for my childhood cat that still lives with my parents. Call me crazy?! :mrgreen

booboo
11-25-2005, 04:15 PM
domesticzookeeper,

You don't have kids yet or a husband, so I think you're perfectly normal.

We have 2 cats in our home and they each have a stocking. We'll be letting the kids pick out their gifts to put in their stocking. I don't wrap them but I don't think you're crazy if you do.

Getting them a tree? Will they pee in it? Something to think about. :think :giggle

Wonder Woman
11-26-2005, 06:12 AM
:giggle :rockon

Amber
11-26-2005, 11:26 AM
That's totally normal for my family. We wrap the pets presents and the dog gets to open them...it is one of the most fun things to see her tearing open the presents. :rockon

AKCristyMJ
11-26-2005, 02:34 PM
Gosh, I wish you could meet my (single too btw ;) ) brother.
He is that way bout his cats and more so!!

They are deffiantly his babies and he spoils em rotten lol.

Sanveann
11-26-2005, 04:25 PM
Awwwwwww!!!!'

ETA ... it's too bad you don't live here! I also have a candidate for you. My cousin Benn, who is an engineer (and Christian) who loves animals so much he is thinking about going to vet school :)

domesticzookeeper
12-04-2005, 02:40 PM
:shifty

http://x0e.xanga.com/49e872756503120076907/m14390132.jpg

righteous mama
12-05-2005, 03:03 PM
So cute! You are totally in training for human babies of your own. You're an excellent mama! :tu

booboo
12-18-2005, 02:58 PM
I guess I'm on the totally nuts bandwagon here. We got a big stocking full of toys for the cats. (just one stocking and we'll be dividing up the loot between the two) And I got catnip bubbles. A lot more money than we thought we'd spend ($15!) and could afford right now. But my 10.5 yo cat Socks knows what it means when the tree is up and expects presents.

You can get a little nutty now if you want. The Bible says a righteous man takes care of the needs of his animal! (sorry, forget where)

I think it's so funny you got a tree for the pets! Looking forward to seeing how you are when the kids come around! :grin

PeacefulConviction
12-26-2005, 04:28 PM
This year our cat sat down on the Mat in our living room as we were starting to hand out our Christmas gifts to eachother. He waited for a whole 5 min to see if he would get anything then wandered away with his tail between his legs :eyebrow. we hadn't got him anything this year but I actually though of buying him something before Christmas. so next year we will mostlikely give him a bunch of presents as compensation for this. It was heart breaking seeing him sitting there waiting for us to give him something. :bheart