PDA

View Full Version : Preparing dd to share the family bed (hidden message involved)

mamacat
11-21-2005, 09:53 AM
My current youngest will be 7 at the end of January and while she hasnt nursed since 3+ yrs of age,she still sleeps like a nursing babein many ways.She wants to lie all night with my arm under her,holding her close and even in her sleep she reaches out to feel where I am if I roll away from her.Come springtime,we will have :-) :-) more in our bed and I am trying to prepare her for sharing by making a sidecar kind of arrangement for her.The other night I suggested she try sleeping in that area so she wouldnt be so crowded and could really stretch out and be comfortable.She responded:I LIKE to be crowded! Any suggestions from others with older co-sleepers who had to make room for babies? Hugs and blessings to all,Catherine

Bonnie
11-21-2005, 09:56 AM
Oof. Other than definitely starting now to make the adjustment!!! Is there any chance she wants to snuggle with dh?

Gretchen
11-21-2005, 10:01 AM
Oh my TWINS goodness! Does TWINS your secret TWINS message mean TWINS what I think TWINS it does? :mrgreen :heart

Congratulations!
Gretchen

joystrength
11-21-2005, 10:05 AM
Oh my TWINS goodness! Does TWINS your secret TWINS message mean TWINS what I think TWINS it does? :mrgreen :heart

Congratulations!
Gretchen

I was going to ask the same thing!
I was going to ask the same thing!
:twin :twin :twin :twin??????????????????

Chris3jam
11-21-2005, 10:09 AM
It's twins! It's twins! It's twins! :jump2

Hannah Jo
11-21-2005, 01:59 PM
:congrats :congrats

(Where is the cosleeping with one toddler and two newborn twins emoticon?)

findingjoy
11-21-2005, 02:02 PM
I was going to suggest the same thing about snuggling with dh instead.
Congrats on the twins!

Irene
11-21-2005, 02:03 PM
:jump2 Congratulations!!! :woohoo

Aisling
11-21-2005, 02:08 PM
:jump2 :congrats :congrats :jump2

Radosny Matka
11-21-2005, 08:04 PM
:congrats on the twins!!!

mamacat
11-22-2005, 05:21 PM
Yes twins!!!!!! Isnt it amazing!!!!????I will have to keep on working on the adjustment.She will start off with dh sometimes but then he checks out on her and she comes over to me again.I know it will work out ok in the end.Thanks for your congratulations! In the past few days I have seen so many sets of twins while out in public. :-) Hugs,Catherine

cklewis
11-22-2005, 05:45 PM
Wow. TWINS! What a totally happy surprise!!! CONGRATS!!

C

Iarwain
11-22-2005, 06:40 PM
:congrats :congrats From a fellow twin mom.

:twin
Ah, what sweet days those were... I hope you have as much joy with your little ones. :heart :heart

boonpnutsmom
11-23-2005, 11:57 AM
:congrats

Mollycurls
11-23-2005, 04:38 PM
:jawdrop Wow! What a surprise!! :congrats x 2!!!

Wonder Woman
11-23-2005, 07:11 PM
:congrats :congrats :mrgreen :mrgreen

DogwoodMama
11-27-2005, 03:13 PM
Oh!!!! How exciting, Catherine!!!! :heart :heart :grin

Mommyo6
11-29-2005, 01:45 PM
Congratulations, I think the problem will solve itself, She will be so delighted to be your special helper with the babies if you keep it positive. And your arms will be full. You can make it exciting and special for her. And it will just happen naturally is my guess. Let her have you while she can!

tree_hugger
12-07-2005, 04:33 PM
What wonderful news, Catherine! :heart :heart

acrunchymama
12-13-2005, 08:30 PM
:ptl :praise

LadyBird
12-13-2005, 09:10 PM
wow! Congratulations. That is soooo exciting! I remember secretly wishing for twins this time. What a joy that would be!

As far as the co-sleeping arrangement goes, it is probably not that much different than what I am going through now except DD is much younger. She will be two on 1-22-06, and the new baby is due March 19.....so she will be two and a half about. Anyway, I have been working towards transitioning her out of the bed. It is very hard on me and her both, and it is a slow process. I don't think it is wise (just in my opinion) to do the transition too fast. We have her crib converted to a toddler bed just a few feet from my side of the bed, and up against the wall. She has been sleeping in it now for the last couple of weeks I guess now and she will stay there just about all night but it starts out with me having to put her to sleep...I sit beside the bed and stroke her hair and rub her back, till she falls asleep and it usually takes anywhere from 10-30 minutes. Some nights are easier than others. She crawls in bed with me in the mornings when she wakes up, sometimes around 5am, sometimes later around 7-8. So this is how far we have gotten. I don't want her to feel displaced when the new baby arrives...so I am doing my best to make her feel loved and secure even though she is a few feet away. I don't plan on putting her in her own room though. I plan on getting her a special toddler bed with new bedding and turning her crib back into a crib for the new baby (which will really only be a changing area, or nap area for a while as the baby will be with me in the bed. If things get tough for DD, I will push her bed up to my side of the bed and let her be on one side of the baby. I am thinking maybe she will find it special to be on one side of the baby? Anyway, it is a play it by ear kind of thing and I hope that all goes well, for me and also for you and your family! God bless.

kauaidee
12-14-2005, 06:31 PM
Wow Catherine, I'm so excited for you!!

:-)
Donna