PDA

View Full Version : Thanksgiving plans

Beauty4Ashes
11-20-2005, 09:41 AM
We are going to the house of a nurse that dh used to work with; we have done that for the past 2 years for Thanksgiving. She is in her 50's and has 2 children, one is my age (27-28) and the other is about 25. She is a lovely lady and regards dh and I as her children, she even came to visit me while I was pregnant with Danny when she was on her lunch break a few times. But I am afraid a little because she is not AP...I remember telling her that Bashar sometimes did not want to nap. Her advice to me was to have a particular time each day when I would put him in the crib for a nap. If he screams, let him, even if he screams the whole hour of his nap. I took one her other advices--just smile and nod when people give you advice and then do things your own way. I could never just let ds scream. I have been taking note of responses that I could give if she should start suggesting treating ds punitively. Please pray that I will respond appropriately, even if it's just "we are doing what works for us"...
Tammy

MarynMunchkins
11-21-2005, 05:42 AM
:pray

Radosny Matka
11-21-2005, 07:52 PM
:hug2 :pray

Beauty4Ashes
11-26-2005, 07:10 AM
Well, we made it through Thanksgiving just fine. Mary (the one we were visiting) was so busy serving up the food that she didn't have any time to comment on anything. And we were so busy trying to follow our ds around so that he didn't get into anything that he wasn't supposed to that chatting time was scarce.

Her house is so not child proof that it's not even funny, figurines all over the place, no child gates in front of the stairs. I was even afraid to go up the stairs because she had this runner on them and I was afraid I would fall down. Her children are grown, 25 & 27 y/o. I felt so bad for ds, he needs room to run and play but this lady's house is small and everything was breakable.

Another couple came, they have a 3 y/o and a 9 month old. Monica (mother of the 3 y/o & the 9 month old) asked me how Danny is sleeping at night. I told her that he sleeps very well because he lies next to me to nurse. She said, oh that is no good and another lady agreed. I said, well, I did that with ds1 and he is just fine. She said that her dd slept with her and it wasn't until recently that she would sleep in her own bed. I said, well, this is what has worked for us. Than Monica and the other lady started speaking in Polish. At which point dh and I were getting tired of chasing our little one around, so we left shortly thereafter.

Danny was teething and he had the saddest sound in his voice, almost sounded hoarse. I or dh held him and cuddled him the whole time. Dh said that Danny seemed overwhelmed by all the people (16 total). I said, honey, the most people he's ever been around is 7. No wonder he's overwhelmed.

We came home and put the babies to bed and sat down to watch The Notebook. We thought that we heard one of the boys crying and jumped up with a start. We wondered out loud how anyone could just let a baby cry; we are up to check on ours in a second...

Tammy