PDA

View Full Version : When buying a digital camera??

ServingGod
11-19-2005, 07:07 AM
What should I look for? Im on a limited budget....so the digital Canon Rebel is out. I eventually want an SLR that is digital, I really enjoy working with them. Dh nearly fell off his chair last night when I told him I want a digital camera....Ive always refused, and would only use my 30yo Canon SLR that I love. But, Ive caved....I never develop photos since I dont have a lab anymore, and I forget to buy film. What is an inexpensive good quality camera? How many pixels should I not go under??
Thanks! :tu

milkmommy
11-19-2005, 12:41 PM
:popcorn
Deanna

mom2threePKs
11-19-2005, 02:58 PM
These are the best buy selections for basic digital cameras from consumer reports. They say that if you are mainly taking 4x6 snapshots a 4 megapixel camera is fine. 4 megapixels will allow you to enlarge a a frame to 8x10 but you will have to enlarge the whole thing. You can't crop much or you will lose quality. I am in the same boat. I know I need to move to digital but have resisted makingt he switch for so long I feel al little paralyzed by all the choices. Any one know anything about these cameras?

Canon PowerShot A510 CR Best Buy $180

Kodak EasyShare CX7430 CR Best Buy $180

Olympus D-580 Zoom CR Best Buy $160

Magan

SouthPaw
11-19-2005, 03:36 PM
I am slightly madly in love with my Panasonic Lumix DMC-LZ2. It's a 5 megapixel for around 200 bucks. The only negative is that if you take low-light photos they tend to be noisy. But other than that I love it, it's very easy to use & has some good features. Check this out...http://www.steves-digicams.com/2005_reviews/lz2_pg2.html

That website is good for looking up reviews of pretty much any camera. It is just one guy's opinion, of course, but well... he knows more than I do! :)