PDA

View Full Version : Cat Problems???

QuiltinGramma
11-19-2005, 12:28 AM
By cat might be having some problems. My husband noticed that he seemed to be having problems urinating or squatting weird. Then he sat down and started scooting on the ground. I noticed this last week also. I haven't seen any worms. (He does have a history of worms but I thought that problem would be over now that he is contained in our backyard. Any suggestions??? Do I need to go ahead and take him to the vet? (He was craving popcorn tonight and ate about 4-5 pieces when usually he will only eat 1 if he eats any at all.) Thanks for the help. :popcorn

domesticzookeeper
11-19-2005, 01:03 AM
Sounds like a urinary problem. I would suggest getting him to the vet asap, as blockages (esp in male cats) can be lethal.

Amber
11-19-2005, 06:19 PM
Arrggg the computer ate my post...

If he is having trouble urinating then you need to take him in to the vet, it can get pretty serious, pretty fast. Worms generally don't cause scooting, that is usually due to problems with their anal glands. And just a side not, if he is still mousing he and get worms from the critters he catches even if he isn't leaving the yard.

Give Shadow a hug for me, and let us know how he is doing.

QuiltinGramma
11-21-2005, 03:36 PM
I just got back from the vet's office and Shadow, my cat, is doing fine. :smile The Dr said that he has thickening of the anal glands due to his age (10 1/2 yr old) and that we only need to do something if he acts like he needs to pee several times in an hour or if he starts to yowl or vocalize while he is peeing. So for now, my geriatric cat is doing very good for his age. Talk to you all later.....gotta go paint my kitchen window sills.

believer
11-22-2005, 07:17 AM
I am glad he is ok. :)

QuiltinGramma
11-22-2005, 09:01 AM
Thanks for your concern!

domesticzookeeper
11-22-2005, 10:54 AM
I'm so glad to hear it's nothing serious :grin