PDA

View Full Version : Potty Training Issues w/ my 3 yo

Close2MyHeart
11-18-2005, 05:12 PM
He's been potty trained since a few weeks before his 3rd birthday. All of a sudden over the past 2 or 3 weeks he keeps peeing in his undies! Nothing I do helps him stop... except walking him to the toilet and standing there while he goes, which of course means he's throwing a huge fit. *sigh* I don't want to force him to go to the bathroom, but at the same time, he's done fine up until this point. What can I do about it?? It's driving me nuts!!

BornFreeBaby
11-19-2005, 09:43 AM
Do you think he's trying to get more attention from you? Have you been really busy and haven't had any time to spend with him? :shrug Maybe there is something else going on with him that's making him regress? Maybe put some pull ups on him until you figure things out? Sorry, I don't really have any advice :hug
LMK how it goes..

kalemommy
11-23-2005, 07:41 PM
As difficult as it is, sometimes it's just better to try to relax and allow the child to have a setback for a little while, then try again. Children mature at different ages, and some children simply aren't ready for full responsibility even at the age of three. Or four in some cases. Here in Norway, it's considered very normal for a child of three or four to not be potty trained and people don't even bat an eye at it. That's a cultural difference I'm really thankful for.