PDA

View Full Version : some f's for my sanity and survival as a mommy

Beauty4Ashes
11-18-2005, 12:13 PM
When I lived in CA and was in college, I attended a Spanish speaking Pentecostal church. I remember a sermon the pastor gave about how to achieve success in our spiritual life and in our walk with God. He did it like a report card, the 5 A's, 5 B's were attributes that would help us to be successful in our walk with God. The C's, well, you were kind of drifting away from Him. The D's and F's were leading you down a path that was not so good. I don't remember what the A's, B's, C's, D's, and F's were, except for F is for faldas (Skirts). If men spent too much time looking at girls in short skirts, rather than focusing their attentions on God, lust might take over. At any rate the whole congregation laughed. But the sermon was not really the point of my story.

I am thinking that if I get the following F's, I will be well on my way to truly enjoying motherhood...

F-Fellowship w/ God and others
F-Friends who come to visit or the boys and I go to visit them/chatting with Family
F-fresh air spent playing outside with my babies--Bashar loves pushing the stroller and picking up leaves. It may only be 15-20 minutes at a time as it's getting chilly, but it does wonders for us.
F-free time

Now, if I can at least 3 out of the 4 F's daily that would be great. Fresh air is a mustI finished The Wedding today and am trying to implement some of the things I read about in my marriage. Like e-mailing dh some sweet note daily. He is enjoying it and so am I...We laid on the floor and watched a movie together. No clue as to what it was about because we were snuggling up trying to keep warm after we ate some ice cream.

Tammy

Aisling
11-18-2005, 12:39 PM
When I lived in CA and was in college, I attended a Spanish speaking Pentecostal church. I remember a sermon the pastor gave about how to achieve success in our spiritual life and in our walk with God. He did it like a report card, the 5 A's, 5 B's were attributes that would help us to be successful in our walk with God. The C's, well, you were kind of drifting away from Him. The D's and F's were leading you down a path that was not so good. I don't remember what the A's, B's, C's, D's, and F's were, except for F is for faldas (Skirts). If men spent too much time looking at girls in short skirts, rather than focusing their attentions on God, lust might take over. At any rate the whole congregation laughed. But the sermon was not really the point of my story.

:laughtears That pastor sounds like a funny guy..

Good idea on setting daily attitude goals, Tammy. I need to do something like that for myself :heart