PDA

View Full Version : ? about NCSS

Hopeful
11-16-2005, 09:07 AM
for his naps DS will only go to sleep in the sling. Come to think of it the same applies for his night time sleep. I wear him down and it works very well.
However, he wakes very often during the night – that I can work on with the NCSS method.

But what aboput nap times? If I take him out of the sling – even gently, he wakes up fully.

Do I just keep trying to put him down and then slinging when he awakes and persist in this pattern?

Radosny Matka
11-16-2005, 07:32 PM
Well, if I remember correctly, Pantley suggests working with nighttime sleep first, and leaving naps for later. Naps are extremely important for good sleep at night. My ds was just like yours for about 3 months, then he I was able to slowly move from sling sleep to sleeping by himself in the bed. :hug2 Sleep issues are so hard, believe me, I am right there with you.

Have you tried nursing baby to sleep in the side laying position? It's nice once they are asleep because you can "sneak" away and not have to move them.

Hopeful
11-17-2005, 04:20 AM
IT WORKS!!! :ptl

:jump2

Last night I managed to put DS to bed and he slept by himslef!!
This morning he also took a nap by himself (although very short) and now he has just started his 2nd nap!

I love this method bc it makes me feel very bonded to my baby – I don’t feel like I’m tricking him or being cruel to him……

Hallelujah!!