PDA

View Full Version : Would you buy this???

AKCristyMJ
11-11-2005, 01:47 PM
http://www.babydelight.com/snuggle_nest.html

Hopefully the link works, I had some hassle with it.

I dunno what I think of this.

We only have a uh....Queen size I think bed, the whatever size up from a Twin.

I dunno if this'd take up too much room.

I am no SIDS phobic here.
Beth slept on her belly on my chest till she refused to at 5mos old.
I will likely just do this again.

My mom tho saw this and recommended it.

When I first saw it I thought it'd make a better changing area LOL.
I was like, "Oooo it has a nightlight attached?? How great for late night changes!" lol

Anyways....whatdya think tho?

AKCristyMJ
11-11-2005, 01:59 PM
Or ok what bout this??
http://www.simplicityforchildren.com/ourproducts/bassinets/3040WDS.htm

I'm seeing these a lot, these bedside bassinets.

We have a similar bassinet but it's not that tall, nor has an open side.
But in every other way it's the same.
:shrug

And whatdya think of this?
http://www.simplicityforchildren.com/ourproducts/convertiblecribs/8996CRP.htm

Could baby climb out onto table??

:scratch

DogwoodMama
11-11-2005, 02:12 PM
I wouldn't buy any of them... we are going to get a king-sized bed instead. :grin

I might consider an amby for naps, but I'm not sure it's worth the $$.

Maggie
11-11-2005, 07:02 PM
I wouldn't buy any of them... we are going to get a king-sized bed instead. :grin

I might consider an amby for naps, but I'm not sure it's worth the $$.

That's what I wanted to do, Elizabeth! But we're going to be side-carring the crib instead...much cheaper! I hope to one day get a King! :tu

BornFreeBaby
11-11-2005, 07:31 PM
ya, a bigger bed would be worth the $, and then you could have the first co-sleeping thing in there. I like the first idea for my dh because he has no clue and has rolled onto dd before, so this would stop the roll over thing. I'm most likely going to put the new baby either on my side with a railing or buy the arms reach co-sleeper instead of doing the crib thing. But I already have an unused crib that was a waste for us, so that's why I'm not partial to the crib idea... maybe the bassinet, but you can only use that for such a short amount of time.

mamaKristin
11-11-2005, 07:44 PM
Nope! I have a bassinet that has the fold down side to make it a co-sleeper. It doesn't get much use at all except for naps. :shrug The in the bed nest thing seems like a waste of $$ since they can't use it for long - much like a bassinet. Only up to 14 pounds for the bassinet - which my kids tend to hit early. What I prefer, and what we use now, are double bed rails. As in both sides of the bed rails. They are great at making our bed safer for little ones, and keep us all on the mattress, since we can get much closer up to the edges of the bed that way. http://www.walmart. com/catalog/product.do?product_id=3132901&cat=136298&type=1&dept=5427&path=0%3A5427%3A132943%3A136298

This is the set we have, and I love them.

Maggie
11-12-2005, 10:23 AM
Forgot to say, Cristy, that Katie and I slept with her on my chest until she was four months and I'm still sleeping with Luke like that (in the recliner like I did with Katie) and he will be four months in two days. :grin

Katydid
11-12-2005, 01:58 PM
We have the snuggle nest and used it with ds. We have the older version without the nightlight, though. it definately does not fit well in a queen sized bed between the pillows like they recommend. :td We used it more for naps on the couch. with our new baby, though, I think we will use it more because ds is still in our bed and we are going to connect our queen and twin beds together to make a huge bed that everyone can sleep in and I will feel a little better knowing that ds can't roll over on the new baby if they ever end up sleeping next to each other. I don't think it's worth the money, however...... I got mine at a consignment shop for $12 and I do think it was worth that! ;) If I had to pay full price for one, I think I would come up with another solution. :yes

milkmommy
11-12-2005, 02:19 PM
We had a snuggle nest and realluy loved it.DD was soo tiny it did give me some comfort having her both near me but also kinda in her own space and well do it again. Ours was a diffrent brand it's from safety first I think we got it at target. I'll see if I can find it.
Nix on the combo units unless they can be pulled apart and used sperate because yep they soom learn to climb and get everything off the changing area. We learned this when DD decoded to cover herself head to toe with vasaline and destin. :giggle :rolleyes

Deanna

MrsWells77
11-13-2005, 07:38 AM
We considered buying that as well, but my mother suggested a much cheaper option...a changing table pad. It too is contoured upwards on the sides so baby can't roll too far and you are unlikely to roll onto baby. It's much cheaper, plus if it doesn't work out, you can use the pad for another changing place, or on the changing table.

We have a queen and it's too small for anything other than 2 people (me and dd are the max...poor dh sleeps on the futon in the family room). :( We want him to sleep w/ us but he says there's no room. I'd do the king bed or attach a twin to your queen...there is a special attachment thingy that makes it safe to do this.

Good luck.

Katydid
11-13-2005, 01:48 PM
attach a twin to your queen...there is a special attachment thingy that makes it safe to do this.

Oooh, I haven't heard of this... what is it and where can I get one? :grin

DogwoodMama
11-13-2005, 05:28 PM
We bought a twin mattress hoping to attach it to our queen... If you go this route, try to get a Twin LONG, because our twin is shorter than our queen! We already have our crib attached to our bed, but we need more room *in* the bed, since dd will go in the middle and when she's there, there's not much room left on the edge where I could lay the baby that isn't on the "hump". Our bedroom is actually too small to accommodate a queen/twin combo, so a king is our best option. We wanted to get one anyway, we'll probably get just the mattress for now, and wait on the boxsprings until dc #2 is older. :grin

I thought about the snugglenest, but I sleep with dd comfortably next to me or on my chest, so I doubt I'd use it.

Lois
11-13-2005, 09:32 PM
I made my own snuggle nest and ended up using it as a changing table type thing untill dd got to big for it. I would say go King if you can and queen/twin if that's cheeper.

AKCristyMJ
11-14-2005, 12:20 AM
"MrsWells" that is a superb idea!! I gotta get a new changing bumber pad anyways :rockon

Sorry, tho we can not attach much of anything to our bedside, our room is too small. :/

MrsWells77
11-14-2005, 12:22 PM
Yeah we have the same problem with attaching something to our bed...when I mentioned it to my dh he said it would work if we wanted to move into the living room! That's the only room in our house big enough to accomodate such a monstrosity! :lol So for now...dd and I will be in the bed and dh will stay on the futon. Maybe one day we'll all be in the bed together again! :shrug Good luck.

AKCristyMJ
11-14-2005, 02:49 PM
I really admire all of you that have coslept for so long.
And as a child who got to cosleep with my mom untill basically I was 5, then I know it is awesome.......although I am a terribly light sleeper with phobias of the dark and such which my mom blames on her yrs of "spoiling" me with cosleeping. :rolleyes :scratch

But It's never been my desire to cosleep like you all have.
I'm far too light of a sleeper, dh is far too noisy and active of a sleeper, I also suffer with bouts of insomnia and well etc etc.
So I sleep with my babies only to a point, like with Beth up to 5mos old.
She just squirmed too much and kept me awake so I transitioned her gradually to the bassinet near me and then to her crib.

Thankfully both my girls do very well as independent sleepers.
I'm very anti CIO and praise God haven't ever had to use it! :amen

Saphirah
11-20-2005, 10:45 PM
If your looking for a side car option this is what we used. This way we didn't have to get a pack and play too. Not that we used it as a play yard anyway. :shrug It's about half the size of a regular pack and play.
http://www.gracobaby.com/catalog/product.aspx?modelNumber=9000JAY&productID=312&tab=features&CategoryID=12&subCatID=

My ideal situation would be a California king sized bed but we had just bought a queen a year earlier.

It sounds like you have a double or full sized bed if it's the one just up from a twin, smaller then a queen, you probably wouldn't fit well with baby in something between you.