PDA

View Full Version : Need to start making room for #2

TrinMama
11-05-2005, 11:08 AM
Well, I know there is a pregnant forum, but this is not so much about baby #2 as it is about #1...she is almost 1yr, and sleeps half the night with us. Now, here's where I need help. I want to have her OUT of our bed by the time #2 is born in June (if not earlier...she takes up a lot of space and kicks!). We've read Pantley and use some of her ideas, but really, I need some good advice on night weaning (she wakes up wanting, not needing to nurse) and how to keep her in her own room. Thanks!!

Wholly Mama
11-08-2005, 10:47 AM
I had the same desires when I was pregnant with #2. I felt that ds #1 should be sleeping well on his own, in his own room. Even with training him, this didn't happen, and then I was left getting up in the middle of the night to comfort him in his room and then running back into our room to comfort new baby. It had me exhausted! Just because our older babies are older, doesn't mean they are void of nighttime needs. Perhaps transitioning your older baby to a toddler bed in your room, or a mattress on the floor would be better for everyone? That way, you still have the space you need in the bed, but you are also close enough to be able to nighttime parent at arm's reach. Or perhaps a side-car arrangement would be easier?