PDA

View Full Version : Dd and ds co-sleeping question

slingmamaof4
10-27-2005, 07:55 PM
Our children are welcome to come to bed with us and we did co-sleep with our babes. When my dd was a baby she stayed with us most the night until she was about a year and then only part of the night. She said she gets to "hot and squishy." :giggle When she sleeps with us all night. With my ds he stayed in bed with us until 6 months. Then we did start putting him to bed earlier than us and laid him in his crib. He would sleep through until 4 and from 4 on he would be in bed with us. When ds was born dd wanted to sleep with us often too. It was a little tight for a double bed!!!!!!! But we loved it! Now both sleep usually all night. Belle will come get in bed with us occasionally (1x/week) and Ry never does at night. But when he wakes up if it is before 6 (which it oftenis) I bring him in bed, nurse him and cuddle. Right now my dd and ds have seperate beds, but are in the same room. They have asked to sleep together a few times. But it usually hasn't worked yet...they don't sleep if they are together. But when ds is a little older I think that they may be able to sleep together if they want then. To me it seems that while they are so young there is no harm and just some nice bonding sleepy time together. And by the time they are old enough that they should have their own rooms I have no doubt that they will WANT their own rooms. Don't you think? So that is one of my questions the other is what do you think about them co-sleeping if they want to? And do you think that they will just sleep less and not as well? Advice? Ideas? It will probably be a few months before we give it a shot if they still want to, but I want to have ideas ahead of time.

Dana Joy
10-27-2005, 08:13 PM
dd age 8 and ds age 6 co sleep. they have since they were 6 and 4. there is a top bunk if they decide they do not want to co sleep, but that hasn't happened yet. (i'm kinda wondering when and if it ever will happen, or will there become a time when i say it's innappropriate) so i'm gonna see what the others hav eto say as well. :popcorn

Radosny Matka
10-28-2005, 06:43 PM
If they are willing, I say go for it. When my baby is night weaned (won't be for a long time yet), he will move into ds's room. I will give ds #1 the choice of cosleeping if he wants too. I kinda hope he does.

slingmamaof4
10-30-2005, 06:23 AM
bump

Jillian
11-06-2005, 06:26 PM
My ds 8 and dd 6.5 co sleep. They each have their own room and have some system I have yet to figure out, on where to sleep each night. Most nights they sleep on the floor :scratch They are starting to sleep apart sometimes, though...maybe 5 times in the last few weeks. My dd has left my ds room to go to bed in her room if he was staying up later than she cared to.