PDA

View Full Version : New to co-sleeping

Poema304
10-25-2005, 09:52 PM
Hi mamas! My son is a little over two months old and he currently sleeps in a Moses Basket in between me and my DH. He is outgrowing it quickly and I am wondering how in the world do I make co-sleeping work. :think I haven't done much research on it, all I know is that I want my baby with me. :cosleep What have you done to make it work, what do you do about blankets, where in the bed does your child (ren) sleep, etc? How do you manage to have an active love life with a child in the bed? :scratch I'd love to hear about everyone's experience!

Virginia

Mother Duck
10-26-2005, 04:08 AM
Gabrielle sleeps betwen dh and I :heart :cosleep If the bed was against the wall and no other little people were going to end up in our bed, I'd rather have her there. When it's cool/cold I dress the baby up or put them in their own sleeping bad type thing so I don't have to worry about them staying warm. If they are in their own sleeping bag I sleep them on top of the blankets :)

Soliloquy
10-28-2005, 05:40 AM
My DD slept in between us, in a Snuggle Nest, until she was 4 months old and outgrew it. Then, I bought an Arm's Reach Co-Sleeper but we never used it. By the time she was 4 months old she wanted to be latched on most of the night and it was easiest on everyone for me to sleep in the side-lying position.

Our DD is now 20 months old and sleeping between us. We'll finally get to use the Arm's Reach as we're expecting another baby in March and that's where the newborn will sleep.

The book Good Nights by Jay Gordon is a big help and it might be at your library.

DogwoodMama
10-29-2005, 08:37 AM
Charlotte slept on the "outside" edge of the bed or on my chest when she was little (well, actually the first year ;)). We fixed the covers so they hung over the edge more on dh's side and they were just enough to cover *me* but not come into contact with her. The crib was attached to the bed, so that gave us a bit more room to spread out. She always slept below my arm next to me, so the pillow was not near her face.

Now that she's older, she alternates between sleeping half-way in the crib, right next to me, on my chest (that can't last much longer since I'm pregnant!) or between me and dh, or occassionally on dh. We hope to get a king-sized bed soon, and get her accustomed to sleeping between me and dh, so that the new baby will be on the outside and she will be in the middle. :grin