PDA

View Full Version : my dog is dying, i think

amstermarie
10-25-2005, 07:07 PM
she may have had a stroke, she does not seem to be in pain. but she can not get up, when i call her name she lifts her head, only to the side. she did not eat dinner, but ate some bread. her birthday will be in 5 days, she will be 15. i hope she either gets better tonight or she dies peacful in her sleep. i don't want to put her to sleep. can't she just get better for a little longer. i can't do this now, i am not ready. maybe next week, next month. just not now. i don't know, i have known for s few months. she went blind, then started peaing on carpet. we started keping her out and locking her in bathroom at night. she was just peaing all over and the bathroom was easy to clean. now i feal horrible. locking her up in her last days. she is in the livign room now. Dh said why did you put her there. i doubt there is much the ER can do, maybe run some fluids. but my bill would be a fortune, and i dont know how much time it would buy. if i thougt she would have a year i would pay the money. i am a horriable. if she was in pain id bring her in er to be put down, but she is not, and they charge 2 or 3 times the amount as the regular vet. she just tried to get up again :bheart

Jenjardin
10-25-2005, 07:12 PM
:bheart :hugheart

Aisling
10-25-2005, 07:24 PM
:hugheart That's so tough to lose a pet :( :heart

amstermarie
10-25-2005, 08:48 PM
i gave her som breast milk, hoping it does some healing. i want her to go in her sleep happy, not now not like this. and i can not put her down, i just don't think i can do it. i don't know what to do if she is still in this condition tommorow. how can i carry her out to pea several times a day, and feed and do all i have to do w/ the baby. she is not light about 50 lbs. Dh told me to think about it being time, i have put other animals down before i don't know why i feel like i can't do it. she wagged her tail , she is a strong dog, i am rambling sorry :cry :cry :cry

Sanveann
10-26-2005, 05:28 AM
Oh, sweetie ... this must be so tough. :hug2

I know you hate to think about putting your sweet pup down, but it does sound like something you might want to at least consider. Her quality of life does not sound very high right now. This Web site has some helpful advice for making this decision: http://www.aplb.org/services/euthanasia.shtml

We had to put our belovied Janie kitty to sleep awhile ago. It was not as awful as you would think ... it doesn't hurt them, and it is over very quickly. I even got to hold her while they did it.

Marrae
10-26-2005, 05:31 AM
I am sorry. :sad2 :hug2

cannuke
10-26-2005, 07:33 AM
:hugheart

Iansmama
10-26-2005, 11:35 AM
:hugheart :hugheart :hugheart

I'm so sorry.

amstermarie
10-26-2005, 12:09 PM
i did some research on the comp and i really feel she has Vestibular Disease. it is often confused w/ stroke. there are 2 kids idiopathic. it just comes then goes away. and there is another w/ usually comes as a result as a brain tumor. i am hoping she has idiopathic and it will go away in 3 days. it may be the brain tumor one though. many times the dogs go blind a few months before having the attack, and that is what she did. i. the vet can tell what one she has but it would have to be a neurologist vet . and i don't have that kind of money :bheart i am hoping she just went blind coincidentally and it is the idiopathic one. she is walking today, but it is a wobble.and she ate. my family really thinks i should let her go. i don't see how 2 more days would hurt. either she will be better, or the same at which case ill put her down. she does not seem to be in pain. she ate and drank well. i have her out now, she walked and peed, and layed down. :cry :bheart

Kyasmom
10-26-2005, 12:22 PM
:sad2 I am sorry you are going thru this :hug2

Sanveann
10-26-2005, 03:41 PM
If she is eating and walking, I think it can't hurt to wait and see for a couple of days. *Hugs*

cannuke
10-31-2005, 07:22 AM
Any news?