PDA

View Full Version : HELP with pee smell!

2ds1dd
10-25-2005, 12:25 PM
Our kids' bathroom has smelled like pee for a few months now. We have tried everything ... we took out all the carpeting, all the bathroom rugs, hubby scrubbed the entire place in bleach and NOTHING is working!

HELP!!!

Mothering by Heart
10-25-2005, 12:30 PM
Replacing the wax ring under the toilet might help. Also, is your toilet next to the shower? I happened one day to look at the bottom edge of the shower curtain. Can I just say :sick2 ? I never thought to look there.

2ds1dd
10-25-2005, 12:53 PM
our toilet is across from the shower curtain, the boys take baths, but i will look into replacing the curtain and the toilet ring and see if that helps

THX!

OnlyBelieve
10-25-2005, 01:43 PM
Also, have you tried using an enzyme cleaner...like those ones that are supposed to be used to clean up pet stains?

2ds1dd
10-25-2005, 02:14 PM
would that work better than bleach???

Mothering by Heart
10-25-2005, 03:32 PM
What is the floor made of? You said you took out the carpet. Did you replace it with something or is it still sub-floor?

snlmama
10-25-2005, 04:13 PM
Well, we had that problem for nearly a year. Tried everything we could think of. Finally, week before last (conveniently late Friday afternoon w/ relatives coming for the weekend) brown and black stuff started oozing out from underneath the toilet, around the bottom. :sick We got a plumber in the next Monday and he had to move the toilet and replace some seals and a flapper and something else underneath. Now it smells great in there. I'm kind of mad b/c we actually called a different plumber in about it *6 months ago* and he acted like I was crazy, said he didn't smell anything and suggested I try a different cleaner. :mad

4LovesMom
10-26-2005, 09:41 PM
This has been a little gross to read, but, as usual - educational.