PDA

View Full Version : Favorite fabric for wrap

cannuke
10-19-2005, 10:45 AM
I made a wrap out of a rayon/linen blend and wanted to make another, longer wrap. What about a stretchier fabric like a jersy knit? Would that work?

Any other suggestions for fabrics would also be helpful!

MarynMunchkins
10-19-2005, 12:02 PM
Mine's plain muslin. :)

mamma2allen
10-20-2005, 02:50 PM
I tried one that was a jersey knit when my small DS was 6 months and the stretch was too much. I kept having to tighten it. This was one of the big name wraps and not just a homemade one either. I thought it would have been good while he was smaller but not at 6 months. HTH
I made mine out of calico. I doubled it and sewed it because it had a wrong wide. The fabric was on the $1.00 table at Wal Mart. :tu
Stephanie

cannuke
10-20-2005, 05:50 PM
Hmmm, so calico sounds like a winner. :tu How long are your wraps? And how wide?

MarynMunchkins
10-20-2005, 08:13 PM
5 yds. long and 30 inches wide. :)

Stonebeck Farm
10-21-2005, 01:44 AM
I like HOMESPUN material- it looks great on both sides. Most of the HOMESPUN material here is all plaids/checks.

My wrap is 5 yards but only 22.5 wide- I cut the 5 yards in half for two wraps. :) (When I had it wider- it was much bulkier.)

kycanonist
10-23-2005, 03:18 PM
Nothing beats guatamalen woven fabric! I found some on eBay for a GREAT price!

Aerynne
10-28-2005, 09:24 AM
I made one out of the least stretchy jersey knit I could find, and I love it.

lovelymama
10-28-2005, 09:05 PM
I like my gauze wrap, but what about a cotton/lycra blend. Its the most popular fabric for pouches these days but I haven't seen anyone using it for wraps. It seems like it would be comfortable, providing a little bit of stretch, but not too much like the knits tend to do.

cannuke
10-28-2005, 09:17 PM
I like my gauze wrap, but what about a cotton/lycra blend. Its the most popular fabric for pouches these days but I haven't seen anyone using it for wraps. It seems like it would be comfortable, providing a little bit of stretch, but not too much like the knits tend to do.

What type of fabric is this? I'm having a hard time remembering what this might look like. Would it be like some of the workout wear fabric?