PDA

View Full Version : "...too.." a nighttime parenting blessing

Katherine
10-18-2005, 08:13 AM
Just have to share this. I was up for 4 hours last night with my kiddos. My 2yo woke up at least 5 times during the middle section of the night and didn't settle back down easily or quickly, and my oldest woke up twice. I was unusually tired/achy last night to begin with. Dh was also wanting me to spend some time him, so I had 3 people waiting in the "cue" to be tended to (in the middle of the night), and I was starting to feel like I had been hit by a Mack truck.

The last time I was getting my 2yo back down, he was lying down in my arms with his eyes closed while I bounced him gently. I thought he was asleep and whispered to him, "I love you." His eyes opened halfway and he whispered "..too."

I said "Do you love me too?" :hug He nodded, closed his eyes, and went to sleep (for the rest of the night, thank goodness!) :heart

I felt so blessed at that moment, and so thankful that I had taken the time to figure out what was bothering him, help him through a restless night, and get him back to sleep instead of getting frustrated or letting him cry. I said a little prayer of thanks right then and there for Dr. Sears and the others who influenced me early on to parent my kids during the night. :amen

4thekids
10-18-2005, 08:28 AM
:heart How sweet! :hug

Havilah
10-18-2005, 06:28 PM
:happytears

Radosny Matka
10-21-2005, 06:45 PM
:hearts What a wonderful memory that is going to be!

Wonder Woman
10-21-2005, 07:06 PM
:hearts :redheart