PDA

View Full Version : That roundworm medicine worked fast!

believer
10-17-2005, 01:25 PM
I took our new puppy - we named her Misty - to the vet today. He said she is pretty healthy and he gave her the first set of puppy shots but he said there were tons of roundworm eggs in her poop, so he gave her medicine for it, well, now it is 3 hours later and :wow it is working - she just pottied on the floor (I don't think she could help it - she has always done that outside) and it was like spaghetti (sorry if tmi). I am going to have her potty in the front yard rather than the back where our other dog goes although the vet said it was ok since the other dog is on that regular treatment - the liquid you squirt on their back once a month. I have a second dose of worm med for the puppy to give in 2 weeks.
How long will she be pooping out worms?

Amber
10-18-2005, 11:52 PM
You may or may not see worms being passed for the next couple of days. I would worry too much about having her potty in an area separate from you other dog since it has already been exposed to the roundworms. Don't forget to give that second dose of dewormer...some vets will have you bring in another stool sample after the second dose just to make sure they are all taken care of. Good luck.