PDA

View Full Version : we met a vegan :)

flowermama
10-17-2005, 10:12 AM
There is a really neat girl who works at Trader Joe's who is vegan. We've really enjoyed talking with her. Being vegan is sooo uncommon that it's such a special treat to meet one. She is young and "hip" (or whatever they call it these days :giggle) and a newlywed, and I am a conservative 35 year old :eek mama with four kids who has been married for 14 years, and it's amazing to me that having that common connection of being vegan really ... well, it's nice. Sorry I'm not feeling very eloquent. :giggle

BTW, punkie, if you read this, she likes punk music, and I bet you and she would like each other. :)

Could you please say a little prayer for her if you feel led? I hope somehow we can be a light to her. :heart

PurpleButterfly
10-17-2005, 10:18 AM
Oh that is lovely, isn't it?! I'm so glad for you both and will be praying! :hug :heart :pray

flowermama
10-17-2005, 10:22 AM
Thank you, Kym. :heart

ShangriLewis
10-17-2005, 10:46 AM
Is she the white girl with dreads? Because she is really, really sweet.

threecubs
10-17-2005, 01:59 PM
Oh, that's neat! If I remember right, I think you live near me, so maybe we go to the same Trader Joe's? I'll say a prayer. :-)

Punkie
10-25-2005, 07:43 PM
:giggle

She sounds great! Tell her to move to Colorado! :P I need some cool, punk vegans around here!

Seriously though, that's awesome. I'm jealous that you have Trader Joe's too. I [i]so]/i] wish they had them here!!!

threecubs
10-26-2005, 02:09 PM
Is she the white girl with dreads? Because she is really, really sweet.

I was just at the UP Trader Joe's Yesterday and saw a girl with dreads. It made me think of this conversation. :)