PDA

View Full Version : He's asleep on the floor in the hallway...

Roses
10-11-2005, 09:50 PM
My older Ds will be 6 in a couple of months. We have a family bedroom (well actually, when we first moved into our new home a few months ago, ds was sleeping in his own room, in his new bunkbed,but after a long visit from MIL, he got used to having someone sleep in the same room as him again, so he's back in our room, on a little bed next to our big bed).

Most nights, I put both boys to bed at the same time, in our room. I nurse baby ds to sleep, then I leave the room and go fold laundry, read, etc. in the living room for a couple of hours, then I go in to bed. Tonight, I think my older ds was resisting sleep (even though he is exhausted!), because I could hear him playing quietly in the hallway with the cat, and then I saw him peeking around the corner. I pretended not to see him (I wanted to see what he'd do,lol), and he fell asleep on the floor in the hall! He never said a word to me! Silly guy. I'm not quite sure what he was doing....

-Heather

MomTo7
10-11-2005, 09:55 PM
Aren't they cute. My second son would fall asleep anywhere anytime...We would find him under tables, in the closet , in his highchair. When they want to sleep...they sleep! :giggle

Roses
10-12-2005, 07:40 AM
He moved into his little bed on the floor all on his own, so at least I didn't have to try and carry him there. He's not up yet today, but I'm going to ask him if he remembers sleeping in the hallway!

DogwoodMama
10-12-2005, 11:30 AM
I used to sleep in the hallway. I had chronic anxiety-related insomnia and no one would let me sleep with them and that was as close as I could get. But it sounds like it was a novelty thing for him. :grin

AttachedMamma
10-23-2005, 09:50 PM
My second son would fall asleep anywhere anytime...When they want to sleep...they sleep! :giggle

Oh really?! :wow Where do I go to get a child like that? :laughtears If my DD isn't "parented to sleep", there is no slumber for this girl.

cindi