PDA

View Full Version : Co-Sleeping Questions

hapigurl
10-10-2005, 02:14 PM
I'm considering co-sleeping with our son. He's tiny though (is a preemie) and that is a concern.

Also, i've read that many people leave their DC latched on overnight. How does that work when the kid needs to be burped and spits up a lot? Don't ya have to get up anyways for those things anyways?

I'm just trying to figure out logistics for us. DS is a VERY spitty baby, so he usually has to sit up for a half hour after eating. Is there a way to work around that?

Mama Calidad
10-10-2005, 02:35 PM
Every baby is different...and what you need to do now and what you are able to do several months down the road may be pretty different, too. :grin DS I had to sit up and nurse for several months. Now, I nurse him laying down fine. :grin

As for burping, have you tried putting him up over your hip? I saw an illustration once in Dr. Sears' Breastfeeding Book. By the time DS was kosher with nursing laying down, burping wasn't an issue. :shifty

Roses
10-11-2005, 10:02 PM
Yep, even with co-sleeping, until ds was at least 6mos old I think, I sat up to feed him in the night. It was easier/more comfortable for both of us, until he was bigger and we could do it laying down comfortably.

prov3v5-6
10-12-2005, 07:11 AM
Ditto for us too, ds (now 5 mths) can lay and latch when he wants with us, but for the first 4 months I was sitting up with him, and lots of pillows to prop my arms up while feeding him incase I'd drift off!