PDA

View Full Version : I met an Ap mommy!

Garnet
10-08-2005, 08:19 PM
I met her while working at Motherhood Maternity tonight. She came in with her 13 month old in a back pack carrier. The little princess was happy. :amen The mommy shopped for nursing tops. Then I started the how old is your baby? She's 13 months the mommy said. And I nurse her older sister who's 3......and I shrieked Tandem nursing? You are awesome.........well maybe I didn't shriek.....but I was loud. And then we talked about co sleeping, etc. And she says her parenting group had a discusion about gentle discipline............................AND I JUMPED RIGHT IN............I use Grace Based Discipline. Oh, whats that? I haven't heard of that. So I we switched website addresses, she got this one and I got a IRL parenting group.

:amen :grin

flowermama
10-08-2005, 10:05 PM
That's so neat, Kelli! :heart

Desert Rose
10-08-2005, 11:31 PM
Cool! :tu
I know one of my happiest days was when I met and befriended an AP Christian mama! She's here now, too! (Hi, Wendy! :P~ ) It's so great to know AP people IRL!

purplerose
10-09-2005, 02:52 PM
:cool

I wish I could meet more here!!! :grin

Radosny Matka
10-17-2005, 06:19 PM
:dance How awesome! :rockon

Wonder Woman
10-17-2005, 06:21 PM
:highfive :tu :mrgreen

Treenahurricane
10-24-2005, 11:17 AM
Awesome! Meeting other AP moms IRL is what saves me I think..

Sara
10-24-2005, 11:41 AM
That is so cool, Kelli! I didn't know you were working there - maybe you'll have a chance to meet other AP moms, too! :tu

Kyasmom
10-24-2005, 12:05 PM
:highfive Where do I sign up??? Can I be next???

Well, I won't complain - even though I don't have any IRL AP/ gentle discipline friends, I have a sister (aka best friend) that is... which is a HUGE blessing even though in another state.

How wonderful for you to meet someone!!! It can feel very lonely at times! I am very happy for you :mrgreen

Garnet
10-24-2005, 09:46 PM
Another wonderful story: A momma came in to nurse. and she says her baby boy who's 4 weeks fusses after his 7 o clock nursing to be held constantly. She says its tiring on her arms.........so I jumped in with what about a sling? She says whats that? So I explained it to her. And she went down to JC Penneys and bought one, and then walked back with baby in sling, and dh pushing stroller.......grinning. :grin this is so much fun!

Treenahurricane
10-25-2005, 08:37 AM
Your penny's sells slings?

Garnet
10-25-2005, 08:20 PM
they must have? Unless it was a special order someone didn't want? she went in the direction of Penneys, Famous Barr and Sears. I don't think Famous would have them, so I thought it was Penneys. I hadn't seen any at Sears.

Treenahurricane
10-26-2005, 09:21 AM
Was it the padded type like an OTSBH? I know there are some stores that sell kinds similar to that sometimes. I've never seen anything not heavily padded in a store though.

slingmamaof4
10-26-2005, 09:44 AM
So I we switched website addresses, she got this one and I got a IRL parenting group.
:amen :grin

:woohoo Maybe we will be chatting with her on here soon. Rebecca (jadensmom) and I helped start a nursing mothers group about a year ago. It is doing great. Most of the moms co-sleep, sling their babes/toddlers, non-punitive. It is great to have something like this IRL!!!!! :tu

salt_light
11-13-2005, 06:56 PM
Holy cow! I didnt know you worked at Motherhood ( I hven't been keeping up with my websites see what happens) I was in that Motherhood a couple of weeks ago ( assuming you still live where I think you do) I came in & got a nursing bra real quick, had to have one of the employees get it for me because I was juggling my 8 month old & trying to keep my 8yo close too.

Garnet
11-13-2005, 08:38 PM
In Peoria? Yup I'm there. I did stop working there for a while but then went back.