PDA

View Full Version : I learned to knit!

domesticzookeeper
10-03-2005, 07:31 PM
Well, I did about 3 rows of a very basic scarf, but this is the first time I've ever done something like that!

Our church has started a monthly "knitting circle", where a group of ladies gets together to socialize and work on current projects. They can also pitch in to make scarves/hats/mittens to be given away around Christmas time. Our young women's home group has decided to join in, so half the group tonight was older teens and such who had never knitted a single thing :giggle And the older women were so nice in teaching us :tu

Anyway, I think this might be something I could get into. You know, once my dad stops teasing me for being so "domestic" :rolleyes :P~

milkmommy
10-03-2005, 11:36 PM
:highfive I wanna learn :)

Deanna

luvschrist
10-04-2005, 05:54 PM
Cool! I am signed up to take a basic's class in November, and am exicted about it. I enjoy cross-stitch, so I think I'll be able to pick up another needle craft. In my sprare time! :lol

UltraMother
10-04-2005, 07:35 PM
:tu

Knitting is SO therapeutic!

Aisling
10-10-2005, 04:08 PM
:tu Way to go!! I want to learn how so badly..but there's no one here to teach me :doh

rachel
10-30-2005, 10:51 AM
If you want to learn to knit, try www.knittinghelp.com there are a lot of videos clips showing everything you need to know to get started! :)

domesticzookeeper
10-30-2005, 11:21 AM

School is keeping me pretty busy at the moment, but I plan to knit some more over winter break.