PDA

View Full Version : Help!!! 2 (almost 3) y/o not settling down

The Tickle Momster
10-03-2005, 02:38 PM
DS is 2 (he'll be 3 in Nov). I am fresh out of ideas on how to get him to settle down to go to sleep, esp at naptime. We have a routine, it doesn't seem to be help;ing this problem. He won't go to sleep w/o me or dh, and he won't lay still. I've tried holding him but he goes :hissyfit :hissyfit BALLISTIC. :hissyfit :hissyfit If he doesn't nap, I don't nap. & I need that time to regroup some and get baby to sleep. Overtired mama here, help. . .

Today I tried to give hima basket of books to look at but he would only stay in bed for about 60 seconds at a time. Any ideas?

expatmom
10-04-2005, 01:57 AM
This probably isn't what you want to hear, but my guess is that he is finished with his afternoon nap. My ds gave up his nap at about age 2 1/2. Can you think of another mellow afternoon activity that he could do instead? My ds probably wouldn't have stayed in bed with books either. How about letting him play quietly in his room with the door closed? Maybe with a story on CD or music?

The Tickle Momster
10-04-2005, 08:55 AM
I thought about him giving it up, but he is a gonner by about 4 w/o his nap. Then I have to deal w/an overtired little boy who melts down over everything and won't eat, even his favorite foods. He'll fall asleep in under 5 minutes in the car. With gas prices though, I'm trying to avoid this. . .