PDA

View Full Version : Cat urine pheromone enzyme stuff...

This Busy Mom
10-02-2005, 10:44 PM
Here's a bunch of those products that remove cat urine pheromones. I have an older cat that has sprayed in my dd's room and I'd like to clean up his "spots". Does anyone know if one of these products is better than the other??

Petsmart urine/pheromone removers (http://www.petsmart.com/global/product_list.jsp?ASSORTMENT%3C%3East_id=2534374302 023690&FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=2534374302033673&bmUID=1128317748985)

The prices for a gallon of this stuff differ so drastically (from $9 to $30). I'll go for the cheaper one if it works just as well.

This Busy Mom
10-02-2005, 10:56 PM
This looks interesting, too:

Behavior Modification Kit (http://www.petsmart.com/global/product_detail.jsp?PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=84552444177 8772&FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=2534374302033741&ASSORTMENT%3C%3East_id=2534374302023690&bmUID=1128318822009)

I need to get his litter box out of my dd's closet. She doesn't like it in there (I had to... he likes to go in there). This looks like it will help along with putting their food in there.

domesticzookeeper
10-03-2005, 03:30 AM
Well, fortunately for me I suppose ;), I haven't had to try out many enzyme cleaners. We bought a 32 oz. bottle of Just for Cats Nature's Miracle, and it lasted us a looong time while doing a great job on removing the odors :tu

I don't have a lot of experience with Feliway either, so I can't really offer any advice :shrug

boonpnutsmom
10-03-2005, 12:43 PM
The thing that I found that worked the best was TODDLER TIME ENZYME CLEANER. It works great at getting rid of the odor and not just covering it up. :hug Good luck.

This Busy Mom
10-09-2005, 10:09 PM
We bought a 32 oz. bottle of Just for Cats Nature's Miracle, and it lasted us a looong time while doing a great job on removing the odors

I wanted to get a gallon of something because I have a friend's cat who is having issues since they moved to their new house. I figured they could use some, too. I also want to wash the towels with it because if she leaves one on her floor, he'll pee on it. He's the sweetest cat, so I don't really want to get rid of him. I also found a new kitty litter box that might work better for him (he has to throw his litter around and I get tired of vacuuming up kitty litter.. yes, we have a mat at each box but it doesn't help a whole lot). He's also peed on some of her clothes... yuck.

TODDLER TIME ENZYME CLEANER

I'll have to try some of that just because ;) . I wonder how it works on toddlers ;) . :giggle

Iarwain
10-10-2005, 05:09 AM
I bet Bac-Out (made by BioKleen) would do it. It breaks down all types of biological matter and has the advantage of being useful for many, many other things as well. It's made for laundry, but works on carpets and all kinds of stuff.

I always heard that straight vinegar would do the trick as well, but I can be a bit skeptical so kind of wonder if it would do good enough.

Havilah
10-10-2005, 05:13 AM
Feliway spray completely changed our lives! My cat is still living because of it. It's pricy, but it worked in a matter of about a week and I've found no evidence of spraying since. Now, we only use it when we know he'll be stressed... like when we are away on vacation or we have guests in the home. I cannot recommend it highly enough.

The existing urine stains and odor are a different issue, though. Feliway only works to help change the spraying pattern.

This Busy Mom
10-10-2005, 07:06 AM
I always heard that straight vinegar would do the trick as well, but I can be a bit skeptical so kind of wonder if it would do good enough.

no, it doesn't. I've always had animals even when growing up and the vinegar thing is just a big, fat lie :eek ;)