PDA

View Full Version : Annoying Joann's!

kris10s
10-02-2005, 08:41 PM
They discontinued the pretty red stretch sateen that was my most popular sling fabric! Now they are carrying raspberry, plum, teal and kelly green, but no red. How obnoxious!

bostonsmama
10-02-2005, 09:00 PM
awww!! :td want me to check at ours and see if they have any left?

kris10s
10-02-2005, 09:02 PM
Don't worry about it, Elise, but thanks for offering.

I drove 30 miles to the second closest Joann's and bought the rest of theirs -- enough for one sling a mom already wanted in that color.

I was hoping that the drive would yield enough for 2-3 slings, but she said she'd pay me extra for the gas.

It took me 45 minutes of standing around my Joann's for them to tell me that it was discontinued. That wasn't fun.

TulipMama
10-02-2005, 09:49 PM
OT. . . Blogger isn't letting me comment, and those pics you have of Kate up now are just daaaaarrrrrling! Oh, my! *grin*

Heather Micaela
10-03-2005, 01:58 AM
It may be seasonal :shrug. those are all fall-ish colors.

mom2_AthruZ
10-04-2005, 11:43 AM
I'm sorry about that! On a funny note though I read the title of your post and for a brief second thought"We can't ALL be annoying" :giggle

Soliloquy
10-04-2005, 11:47 AM
I have a Joann's complaint, too. I'm new to the area and went to the Joann's Etc. by my house. I asked the sales lady to show me where their 100% cotton fabrics were. She showed me a row that had about 10 different fabrics. I asked her, "is this all?" She said yes.

I later found out from a friend that they have a quilting section in the back that has LOTS and LOTS of 100% cotton, but she didn't tell me to go back there so I had to settle for some fabric I didn't really like. :mad

Lady TS
10-04-2005, 12:15 PM
My Joann's discontinued the "laundered challis" fabric I really like for slings. *sigh* Oh well. I guess they have to keep up with the up and coming new fabrics, right?

TheSweetLife
10-08-2005, 10:33 AM
I too wish JoAnns had more colors for the cotton sateen - I love that fabric! Have you tried the cotton sateen from hancock fabrics? You can get it online but I'm fearful that it wouldn't be the same as the stuff at JoAnns, KWIM?

kris10s
10-08-2005, 10:36 AM
The stretch sateen from Joann's is a bottomweight and the sateen at Hancocks is in the quilting section and definitely not nearly as substantial :(

I don't know why making a nice bottomweight stretch sateen available in a rainbow of colors is so difficult. It's an awesome fabric for dresses, capris, skirts, pants, etc. I can't even find it online.

Garnet
10-08-2005, 10:41 AM
I don't know. But you are right it is popular in garments, most of the garments I sell are made of it. I wish places like Joanns would hire people who know what they're doing. There was a man at mine, and for him to measure and cut the fabric was :doh he had no clue. I had to come show him.

TheSweetLife
10-08-2005, 10:49 AM
A guy working at JoAnns! My dh hates going in there, I can't believe a guy would honestly want to work there!

Amber
10-08-2005, 10:52 AM
There's a guy who works at my Joann's, but he is actually pretty good.

cklewis
10-10-2005, 06:23 PM
Grrrr. . . I wish our town would HAVE something as big as Joanne's. Our best fabric store is 90 minutes away in NC -- It's fabulous (Mary Jo's) but it's quite a trip.

C

bostonsmama
10-10-2005, 07:53 PM
we have a man working at ours, he drives me crazy, but he totally knows what he's doing. *most* of the workers at our store have a pretty good idea of what they carry, where things are, basic sewing knowledge, etc. the guy at ours always messes with boston, and he always brings fur elise, the beethoven symphony. i cant really figure him out. i mean, i know some men dont mind sewing and crafts (dh is actually quite helpful for a man) but he just really confuses me....

Forgiven
10-11-2005, 06:53 PM
There is a frequent turn-over rate at our JoAnn's. Most of the workers don't have a clue what they have or where you might find it. We have had men working at ours before---at least they told you they didn't know instead of telling you an incorrect answer.