PDA

View Full Version : Just got a toddler bed!

BornFreeBaby
09-28-2005, 08:02 PM
And lovin it! We were having dd in our bed and then transferring her to a mattress on the floor (per GCM ideas), which was working okay, but she would still cry and stand up. The new toddler bed is pushed up next to our bed. It is a little bit lower than our bed, but I can comfortably lay close to her with my arm on her back/tummy until she is settled. This has been so far working MUCH better than having the crib mattress on the floor, since it was so low compared to our bed, and since I had to lug it back to her crib for naps. Anywho, we got it for cheap at walmart and are so far sleeping much better. Don't get me wrong, I loved co-sleeping, but since being pregnant and dd's wild kicking its worked out much better for us. Much less crying at night! :amen

mamaKristin
09-28-2005, 08:03 PM
woo hoo! :highfive That's great.

(quick question...was it her crying at night, or you? ;))

BornFreeBaby
09-28-2005, 08:05 PM
:happytears I'm crying happy tears now. :laughtears

Senta
09-28-2005, 08:06 PM
we have christel in her toddler bed side-carred with our bed...it works really well... it's still co-sleeping just extends our bed a bit and she needed that...glad to hear your daughter is getting more sleep :) christel loves having -her- bed and especially likes jumping on it

Heather Micaela
10-05-2005, 02:54 AM
whoo hoo! glad you found a workable solution.
It will also make the new baby transition easier since she is not in your actual bed.