PDA

View Full Version : had a chance to plug AP and blew it....

Oliveshoots
09-28-2005, 08:46 AM
Went to a baby shower Sunday for a childhood/high school friend of mine Sunday.

Many of the ladies there were commenting on how beautiful and happy and friendly my babies are :O and later my friend's mom specifically said "you have the happiest children I have ever seen!! you must have The Nanny at your house!" I smiled and said "oh thanks! actually, we do pretty much everything opposite of what the Nanny says" and kind of laughed. Then she started saying how much she loved that show and wished she had had that kind of help when her girls were younger.

Okay, so #1 I feel bad that I used her complement to diss the Nanny (Supernanny, that is.) I should have just said "thanks for noticing!!"
Oh yeah, while I was saying that my mom said "oh Kristen, it's not that it's becuase you breastfeed!" :tu my mom is so cute.

Anyway, perfect opportunity to plug AP and I missed it.

But I did put some AP friendly advice on the little slips of paper they gave us to give "mommy advice" to the new mom for her scrapbook. I put the cleaning and scrubbing poem, told her to sleep when he sleeps, told her not to give up on bf'ing, and to trust her parental instincts (as well as her hubby) and to know that they are the best parents for their child and God created them just for that child kind of stuff.

Just thought I'd share.

purplerose
09-28-2005, 09:30 AM
I know what you mean. I've been there before too! But, no matter what you would've said regarding AP, it sounds like their minds are made up and would've dissed it anyway! It sounds to me like The Supernanny, is the be-all, end-all for parenting advice! At least you got to the most important person.......the mom to be! Don't be yourself up! It's hard to speak up sometimes!!! Especially, when yo uare the minority! I get it all the time!!!! :hug

MarynMunchkins
09-28-2005, 09:32 AM
:hug Sounds like you did fine.

I diss the Nanny every chance I get too. :P~

Havilah
09-28-2005, 09:43 AM
Your actions speak louder than words, anyway. Keep on keeping on, Mama :tu

Maggie
09-28-2005, 02:53 PM
:hug2 BTDT. I agree with Havilah; people will learn about AP just by seeing you interact with your kids! :D

Radosny Matka
09-30-2005, 06:23 PM
Well, I would have dissed her too. ;) :hug