PDA

View Full Version : What's going on????

Blue Aurora
09-28-2005, 12:17 AM
My 16 month old has started being very difficult at night all of a sudden. He's been starting the night in his crib and then waking up sometime between 11 and 4 to come and finish out the night in our bed for the last 4 months. That works great! Now, it takes FOREVER to get him to sleep in the first place and he wakes up 45 min to 1 hour later and is impossible to get back to sleep unless I go ahead and take him to bed. The other night I had to go to bed at 7:30 with him and I am NOT ready to go to bed that early. I usually eat dinner after he's in bed, plus straighten up and do any major cleaning I have to do, and unwind from the day and watch tv. Tonight I went ahead and put him in our bed, moved the monitor to our room and came back down to frantically finish up things for the evening. He's still asleep...YEA! so now I can relax for a few minutes but is this a stage??? I think we're back to full time cosleeping since I could probably get him to bed much quicker in the first place if he started in our bed. I love cosleeping but I need a little bit of time in the evenings to myself. So is this a stage?

Kcross
09-28-2005, 09:54 AM
I am certainly not an expert on co-sleeping, but my DD (now almost 3) went through that very thing about that age so I am assuming it is a stage....it got better then she went through a few other "stages" and now is sleeping pretty well in her own twin bed all night :tu

Hang in there, it should pass, but I am sure there are some other great ideas on the matter :)