PDA

View Full Version : Best scrapbooking tote

Piper2
09-27-2005, 10:19 AM
Right now I have my scrapbooking supplies in a plastic...sort of an expandable file folder with handles. It won't close and isn't particularly portable because of that, even though it has handles. Plus it doesn't really fit anywhere without looking junky. So I want to get a real scrapbooking tote put all my stuff in, only I don't think I need one of the those mega $100 ones that people take on scrapbooking cruises and the like. ;)

I'm not an perpetually avid scrapbooker -- I tend to go in spurts -- and I don't have loads of supplies like brads and crimpers and different colored pens. I mostly just have a 12"X12" album, several different pages of cardstock and backing paper, a few pairs of scissors, some tape, a couple of page kits, a cutting board and a new 12" paper trimmer (got it on sale at Michael's last weekend :mrgreen). What I have the most of is stickers (which is probably a common thing ;)), but I keep most of them in a clear plastic folder, which works fine for me.

I've seen smaller rolling totes around for between $50-$60, and although I'm not sure I need one quite that big either, I like the fact that it closes up all nice and neat and is on wheels (in case I ever do need to take it anywhere). I've also seen smaller shoulder bag types and even a backpack, which looks kinda cool, but I'm not sure either of those have enough "stuff things" (IOW, compartments :giggle).

Should I just go with the small rolling tote so that I'll have more for more supplies as I get them, rather than go with something smaller and not have enough places for everything? Or does anybody have any better ideas that work for them? I would like something portable, just in case I needed for it to be. TIA!

odetta
09-29-2005, 06:57 PM
Do you have a JoAnn's near you? If so, every so often they will put the $50 to $60 rolling tote on sale for at least 1/2 off. That's how I got mine - I figured $25 wasn't bad for something like that. It's not mega large, but for the amount of stuff you have, you would still have a little room to grow your stash.