PDA

View Full Version : What do you do for naps?

gratefulmama
09-26-2005, 01:45 PM
I think I was really lucky and my ds never fell off the bed when napping. He moved around a fair amount in his sleep but I was always around and keeping an eye on him and when he woke up he never tried to crawl off or anything.

So my dd is way more active than he was and I am worried that she would crawl off the bed. What do some of you all do?? She always just nurses to sleep on my bed and then I get up and take care of my 2 year old.

So did you get them in a crib when they got mobile? Rails? Floor? I am not sure what I want to do.

Thanks

Mia
09-26-2005, 03:08 PM
I always felt Dd would sleep better in the familiar surrounding and smell or our King size family bed. When she began the "skootching" thing, I was worried she might fall-off the bed, so I set up a barrier of pillows around her. And when she would hit the pillow with the top of her head, she would stop skootching. I was always nearby to hear her when she awakened and could run in immediately and get her (before any "mountains" could be climbed.) Anyway, all this to say, this is what we did... but I'm not sure that is was the best choice. I just felt really comfortable with my expectation of what she could and would do at the different stages.
Maybe with the next baby, if the crib is still in our room, I'll use it for naps from early on to establish familiarity. :shrug

milkmommy
09-26-2005, 03:12 PM
We did both :giggle I sometimes had her nap in her crib other times on my bed :shrug She did fine with eaither.
Oh she did fall out on a few occasions our beds not high ab=nd we have carpet..

Deanna

Radosny Matka
09-26-2005, 07:07 PM
We put the mattress on the floor. He falls off regularly. :giggle :shrug

abbiroads
09-26-2005, 07:49 PM
i used pillows and the times he did fall off he fell with a pillow and was fine.

Suzanne
10-14-2005, 06:15 AM
Dd fell off once but not while sleeping, she had awoken and mom didn't hear her in time! :(
But she was fine (even though her face hit my pump, which was beside the bed!!!)
after that we lined the floor with pillows, and put her dead center in the middle of the king bed... and had the monitor on super high so I can hear the first peeps...