PDA

View Full Version : My 8 month old and 2 year old...

Titus2:5Catholic
09-25-2005, 01:18 PM
Won't nap anymore. And they both REALLY need it. And I really, really, really, really, really....well, you get the idea..I need them to nap.
They don't sleep well at night if they don't nap., and then I'm tired from them not sleeping and they can't catch up at nap time.

I've tried giving the 8 month old ibuprophen for teething (Hyland's and Tylenol don't work). Doesn't help. Tried giving him Benadryl to break the cycle of no nap- lousy night sleep-no nap. Doesn't work.

The 2 year old was in a great sleeping pattern, and she just quit it. She was to where I could put her in bed, give her a teddy bear and a book, and turn on the fan and she would go to sleep just fine. Now she needs me with her and half the time she doesn't fall asleep even then. I can't leave the bed or she gets up and starts trashing the room. Maybe she's not doing enough during the day?- she's became obessed with our TV.

Is there anything I can do? Or any natural remedies, safe for children? Someone suggested melatonin.

Katherine
09-30-2005, 06:18 PM
Can you lie down with both of them? Maybe one on each side.. read some books and just keep soothing them and reminding them to lie still and quiet? Maybe put some quiet music on...

Is the room very dark? That makes a difference with mine.

Is there something predictable that precedes naptime everyday so the 2yo especially is "prepared" for it?