PDA

View Full Version : wore my maya wrap for the first time today...

joyful mama
09-19-2005, 06:10 PM
... and someone commented to me how they liked how I had my baby wrapped in a blanket :giggle. I'm not sure I did it right... are they supposed to be kind of scrunched up or laying out all the way? She felt pretty secure and slept very soundly the whole time she was in it, so she obviously liked it :tu. My friend helped me put her in it, she has the same sling, but she didn't use it very often... :shrug

I tried to check out pics of how to put an infant in it, and I think I did ok... but my back did start hurting a little bit... is this normal?

kris10s
09-19-2005, 07:23 PM
Congratulations!

It should be pretty tight, and she should be up as high as she can be -- definitely all of her infant self should be above your belly button, if not higher. If you have to hunch over, its too loose and your back will hurt. HTH!

joyful mama
09-21-2005, 08:38 AM
thanks, I think it was too loose. I noticed it fell below my belly button by an inch or so, so I adjusted it yesterday. I'm still having a hard time getting her in it securely, though... grrr... I will eventually get the hang of it I'm sure! :roll

Annhabben
09-21-2005, 08:52 AM
It took me a little while to get used to it, too. It took me a long time to realize that it was almost impossible to make it too tight for my daughter. Once I figured that out, it became much easier. And now, when she's not squirming, it's really easy to pop her in. Even my husband got the hang of it.

bliss
09-22-2005, 04:26 PM
ditto the above - higher is better, and the thing that made me feel much more secure was to be sure that I had a lot of material between baby and my chest on the inside. It feels lots less "fally-outy" that way.

joyful mama
09-22-2005, 06:08 PM
I think that was my mistake... I got a pouch and dd is much higher in it.... I think I"ll have to keep trying it!!