PDA

View Full Version : I'm BBAAAAACCCKKKK!

Can Dance
09-16-2005, 02:01 PM
okay, not really. but now that I am expecting number 2, I REALLY want to purchase a sling. now, I tried the just use a piece of cloth thing and SO was NOT successful. dd liked it, but it wasn't very stable.

so, what is good for her now, but will also be good for a newborn? someone suggested a kozy carrier, but I am also curious about other ones.
thanks guys!
C

tryin-to-FROG
09-16-2005, 06:28 PM
I loved my over the shoulder baby holder (OTSBH) sling especially for when my kids were newborn, but my dd is 1 yo now and we still use it.
Having one you are comfortable with makes all the difference in how much you will use it.
Lorene

kris10s
09-16-2005, 07:35 PM
If ease is most important to you, I'd get a pouch (like a hotsling).

If versatility and ease are equally important, I'd get an unpadded ring sling.

If versatility and comfort and the babe gets bigger are most important, I'd get a wrap or a Mei Tai.

Honestly, everything has its place and use, and having one of everything may seem excessive, but you'd probably use them... how much are you willing to spend? Would you rather have one gorgeous ring sling that everyone oohs over (a zolo or something) or a few different slings (a pouch, a ring sling, and a wrap) that you can use many different ways? Can you only afford one thing? Those are probably good starting questions.

And try stuff out from all your local Christan AP moms... that'll give you headstart as to what you like :grin

Can Dance
09-16-2005, 07:47 PM
hmmm, I think I would like something that is most comfortable. I have the bjorn, but I really didn't use it that much, bc my back started to hurt. and versatile, so I can use it on my back right now and front with new baby. easiness would be nice, but not necessary at first, bc I have this lovely group of AP momma's to help me out. :) Katie is going to lend me her Kozy carrier to see if I like it to start. I guess she has like a gazillion and knows the scoop on everything in that industry. :tu
As for cost, well I am planning on selling my hardly been used bjorn, so I should have cash to pay for the new one. so I am not too worried about that.

thanks for the suggestions
C

kris10s
09-16-2005, 07:53 PM
I got $45 or $50 for my barely used bjorn on ebay a few months ago :tu

A Kozy or another kind of Mei Tei would probably suit you well.

I just got a stretchy Moby wrap for my babe in the womb and it was only $35 shipped and it is so soft and comfy. You might want to look into one of those, too, so you can put your newborn into the cradle hold securely while you chase your older one around!

2sunshines
09-16-2005, 08:18 PM
I'm expecting number 3 and am really excited to get more use out of slings with this one.

I have an OTSBH. I am in the process of making a pouch (like a hotsling). I am also hoping to buy a moby wrap. I figure with the three of those, I should be all set.

For ease, it seems that pouches are highly recommended. Put them on, put baby in. No adjusting, no messing around. And they are cheap and/or easy to make.

The Moby Wraps also look really cool. I have never tried one, but heard good reviews from those who have them. They also look extremely secure (my dh's concern when it comes to slings :)).