PDA

View Full Version : Help me make a doll sling!

Lady TS
09-16-2005, 11:38 AM
I know *how* to make it, but how big a piece of fabric do I need to use to have it be big enough but not absolutely huge???

Anyone have one they can measure and let me know how big it is? And how old your dc is/how big they are?

Thanks gals :)

peacefullone
09-21-2005, 07:33 PM
I don't have one, but I've made a few adult one's. I would think to make the fabric just big enough to wrap around the doll and over your girl's shoulder and such. I would say, just give it a try, unless you want me to try and see how it goes?

Holly

lavender mom
09-21-2005, 07:43 PM
I made a pouch doll sling for my DS when he was 2.5 years old, mostly by trial and error. :) The sling is about 8-10 inches wide when it's folded and about 16 or so inches long (also folded.) I think I probably would have made it a 2-3 inches longer, but it's fleece so it works OK because it's stretchy. Good luck- my son really enjoyed the one I made for him.

Lady TS
09-22-2005, 04:56 AM
I've got lots of scraps, so when I get time I'll give it a whirl.

Thanks for the ideas as far as determining size. :)

lenswyf
09-22-2005, 11:32 AM
I was thinking maybe 12 inches wide and just measure from shoulder to opposite hip to get a length, just like they do for grownups. You could use velcro at the shoulder, rather than rings, to minimize the strangling risk.