PDA

View Full Version : I LOVE LOVE LOVE my Moby Wrap!!!

MamaKanga
09-15-2005, 01:22 PM
I paid $35, and I can say it’s the best $35 I’ve ever spent! :tu It is comfy because it disperses baby’s weight all over my back, I feel it’s safe because baby is wrapped so tighly, and it’s comfy for her, too, because she’s right against my body which is her favorite place to be. It’s almost like being in the womb again. The fabric is so large which makes it very flexible, and the fabric quality is great too. Pics posted in the gallery!

DogwoodMama
09-15-2005, 01:31 PM
:grin I've wanted one of these for a while... off to look!

2sunshines
09-15-2005, 01:35 PM
I just looked at them too. They look very cool.

So when you get it, it's just one long piece of very rectangular fabric, right? What kind of fabric is it? Is it a stretchy fabric? Is there anything else involved in it? How long is the fabric?

My brain is just trying to consider if this is something that one could easily make? If it's just fabric...??? But maybe it's so much fabric that it would cost about the same to make as buy???

Any ideas?

DogwoodMama
09-15-2005, 01:41 PM
I think that's basically it, really. THough does it have a pocket to help center it?

MamaKanga
09-15-2005, 01:59 PM
It’s a 5 yard long piece of stretchy fabric. I considered making one, but unless you can find discounted fabric I don't think you save $$. It's is 1/2 of the width of fabric and it tapers at the ends. There is no pocket, only a "moby wrap" tag and that's what you center on your chest or tummy to start the wrapping process (this tag is just in the middle of the length of it.)

Oh--you could save $$ by making it and using the remainder fabric to make a second one, and then sell it or give it as a gift or have a spare, etc. But when I looked for fabric like it I could only find it for $7 per yard, and needing 5yds that would be $35, which is exactly what I paid on ebay (which included postage).

HTH!

MamaKanga
09-15-2005, 02:01 PM
BTW, the only downside is that it is hot. I am fine when inside the house, but outside it is too hot this month (we do live in a hot, humid climate though). I'm sure I'll be fine next month, but I probably wouldn't want this wrap for an April or May baby, lol. Of course, I'm almost always hot, so it could just be me... :P

kris10s
09-15-2005, 02:57 PM
I got mine today and it is a very nice, incredibly soft knit and serged well, It's worth the $35 shipped, IMO, and I make a lot of my own babywearing stuff. But since that fabric is pricey and I don't have a serger, I couldn't duplicate it well enough cheap enough to make it worth my while. I am so excited to have it for my next babe! Kate is a little big for a stretchy wrap, but I will probably use it with her some still. She helped me play with it today, which was fun. It also comes in a nifty little bag, which is also a nice bonus so you can keep it clean and seperate in the diaper bag :tu

2sunshines
09-15-2005, 03:44 PM
Okay, so now I am VERY intrigued by this and am considering buying one.

Where did you all find the best deals on them?

Blue Aurora
09-15-2005, 04:06 PM
OH I loved my moby wrap w/ ds and can't wait to use it for baby on the way! I bought mine from monterey, ca LLL b/c that's where they're made I believe. Here's the site...

www.mobywrap.com :D

kris10s
09-15-2005, 04:12 PM
I bought mine off ebay from mom4life, it was 34.95 (the best price everywhere) but also included priority mail shipping :tu

MamaKanga
09-15-2005, 04:16 PM
Kristen, I got mine from the same seller, but I didn't get a bag! What does yours look like, can you post a pic of the bag?

kris10s
09-15-2005, 04:19 PM
Well, she was out of my color so it came directly from the manufacturer (and took a few days more than I anticipated.) It's just a little drawstring bag, perfectly fitted and made of the same fabric. Will post a pic later, though!

MamaKanga
09-15-2005, 04:28 PM
hmmm... I'm going to ask her about this!

TulipMama
09-15-2005, 06:35 PM
Ooooh! I've got such babywearing envy!