PDA

View Full Version : Hello. My name is Camille. And I'm a craft-bookaholic.

cklewis
09-14-2005, 11:20 AM
I know it makes no sense. But I love buying craft books. I love hoarding them. I love looking through them and imagining the fun of knitting and sewing all those beautiful things.

But I have no energy to make them. Sigh. . . . I just collect the books.

:shrug

C

Wonder Woman
09-14-2005, 11:22 AM
me too :O except my name's Rebecca ;)

ShangriLewis
09-15-2005, 09:16 PM
My name is Heather. My mom made all my clothes when I was little. I have two sewing machines and I love craft books. But, when I sew my machines never work and the craft I was trying to do for relaxation has the opposite effect. :rolleyes Yes, I have good machines and yes my mom gave them to me.

:laughtears

boonpnutsmom
09-15-2005, 09:29 PM
I have probably close to 1000 cross-stitch and quilting books. I have now collected a fair amount of knitting and crochetting ones in the hope that one day I can teach myself to do that also. I have a huge BOX full of patterns from Gma and all the afghans she made over the years.

Chris3jam
09-16-2005, 07:01 AM
Hi, I'm Chris. (I *am* in the correct support group, right?). I am addicted to books. I have cookbooks (even one from ancient Rome -- roasted boar, anyone?), craft books, sewing books, etc., etc. I have so many crafting supplies that I have devoted a whole room upstairs to them. And parts of every other room. OK, and the room downstairs. . . . . . .

:O

UltraMother
09-19-2005, 09:28 PM
And books on Pueblo pottery, and Indonesian art, and Amish quilt collections, and a Victorian embroidery book, and, and, and.

I have the ancient Roman cookbook too. :)

CelticJourney
09-26-2005, 09:09 AM
I am in recovery - I realized my oldest dd was watching and had a hard time convincing her not to hord when I was. If it helps, you can donate the ones you know you won't use (and we all know that's about half of what we have usually) to a retirement home or a women's shelter.

mamatogands
09-26-2005, 09:15 AM
A real addict here.
I have a large collection of unused and unread books in a number of categories.
Cookbooks with ingredients I'll never ever buy.
Novels languishing on my nightstand.
Cultural theory I really will read someday.
Oh, and the magazine subscriptions I love and used to devour as soon as they came in the mail, now they stack up unopened next to my bed. Ever since the 2nd baby came.
:)