PDA

View Full Version : looking for suggestions

Can Dance
09-14-2005, 08:04 AM
so dd is 16 months, and for whatever reason will not tolerate sleeping alone. she hasn't for the past 4 nights. this is very unusual. I am okay with that, she needs me and I will deal with it. its odd though, bc last night at 730, she grabbed her blanky, walked up the stairs and basically demanded her evening cuddle before bed. but then, when dh went to put her in her bed, after she'd been dead asleep for like an hour, she woke up screeching. she has also been freaking out every time dh even leaves the room lately. she has been in her own bed since she was about 5 months. I am okay with that because she is a really wiggly sleeper and it seems like none of us sleep well.

but, what I want to know is...what do the rest of you do? do you go to bed at 8pm? bc it seems like she wont sleep in our bed by herself either at 8pm, and I have to be in there with her. if I am not with her, she freaks out.

she is really hard to sleep with. when she wakes up, sometimes she is crying and seeminly unaware that she is, like a sleep talking crying or something. she moves all over the bed, dh and I are banished to the sides of the bed. and I am afraid to breath in case I wake her up. maybe if we had done it for a long time, she wouldn' t be so wriggly. sigh.

do you guys just lay there and wait till they are asleep and then sneak out? I am thinking I will be dealing with this for the next couple of months. its just bad timing now that I am starting to feel the first trimester exhaustion. any suggestions?
C

abbiroads
09-14-2005, 08:59 AM
My ds is also very wild in bed. We put his crib mattress on the floor next to our bed and put our mattress and box spring on the floor. He sleeps on his mattress about half the night and he has been getting better. I think now he knows he will still be near us when we move him from our bed to his, the moving is easier. He seems to fell more comfertable on his mattress than he was when we first tried it and now he doesn't wake up when we move him.