PDA

View Full Version : what should I be doing?

Rbonmom
09-14-2005, 01:42 AM
Ds co-sleeps with me once I go to bed for the night. Once I'm in bed he wakes about once or twice night for a bottle (ds refused to bf after 5mo, but that's another story). He is almost a year and his ped. is telling me he should be off bottles by 12mo. Should I try to get him to stop waking up to feed at night, or just let him decide when he's ready to stop the night feeding? If I leave him in his crib when I go to bed, he will usually sleep through the night with no problem (his crib is next to my bed) so he's really coming into my bed for my sake. Should I just let him sleep alone at night?

DogwoodMama
09-14-2005, 10:13 AM
Well, I'm not sure I agree he needs to be off a bottle by 12 months necessarily... I have friends who gave their kids bottles until they were 2ish, and that was fine. Is it the teeth issue, or just that he shouldn't be eating in the middle of the night? I don't really know... how do you feel about it? :)

Jemma2
09-14-2005, 11:16 AM
I guess IMH if he sleeps through the night when left in the crib,then he doesn't *need* the night feedings, but is waking due to sleeping with you (your movements, etc.) I would be hesitant to continue to break up his sleep unnecessarily. As far as the bottle issue goes, it's up to you when you want to move away from those.

Rbonmom
09-14-2005, 11:22 AM
That makes sense, I'm just sad that he doesn't "need" me anymore :cry Dh has been deployed all year, but will be visiting next week, so it may be best to stop transferring him at night since I only have a full sized bed right now. There is no way all 3 of us could fit. Dh said he wanted ds to sleep with us when he visits, but ds was only 6wks when he left and now he's 25lbs and 31" long. I think dh just has no idea how big he is. Thanks ladies.