PDA

View Full Version : Good Night, Sleep Tight: The Sleep Lady's Gentle Guide...

BeckyD
09-13-2005, 10:59 AM
Good Night, Sleep Tight: The Sleep Lady's Gentle Guide to Helping Your Child Go to Sleep, Stay Asleep, and Wake Up Happy
By Kim West and Joanne Kenen

Has anyone read this? I saw it at the library, checked it out, and realized that I'd like to know if it's worthwhile before I put the time into reading it (there's so much more I could do with my time, if I'm not going to apply any tactics, kwim?). I loved how it had "Gentle" in the title.

Comments?

DogwoodMama
09-14-2005, 10:07 AM
I typed a reply yesterday but lost it. :hissyfit Anyway, I don't think it's particularly gentle. It's typical sleep-training stuff, and she seems to have an attitude that people may start out wanting to co-sleep but then they hate it and come to her in desperation to fix it. I bascially skimmed it at the bookstore and was like "ehhh". I think Pantley's book is better and in line with AP parenting philosophy, personally. I honestly can't remember if she recommends CIO but I don't think so... her approach just seemed very "strict" and I didn't care for her writing "tone of voice" either.

BeckyD
09-14-2005, 10:12 AM
Thanks for the info. I got The No-Cry Sleep Solution, too, so I'll just stick to that one. Seems to be a fave around here. :grin