PDA

View Full Version : when do you start wearimg a sling?

joyful mama
09-13-2005, 08:07 AM
:nak

my baby is 6 days old... i had a c-section... and i have a very active toddler. i'd like to start using it soon, to get some things done when dh goes back to work ( :( ) ... when do you start?

MarynMunchkins
09-13-2005, 08:07 AM
I had dh bring mine to the hospital with Colin. :D

Iarwain
09-13-2005, 08:23 AM
I started at birth but after a C I suggest listening to your body and your comfort level while you heal and letting that be your guide.

MagnoliaMommy
09-13-2005, 08:27 AM
I had c-sections too. I want to say that it was around 3-4 weeks postpartum before I was able to hold the baby in a sling. It was only for short periods of time at first. I believe that it would have been better to have waited until the 6 week mark because I did have some added pain around my incision after wearing the baby.

Amber~Joy
09-13-2005, 08:28 AM
I started in the hospital. If I wanted to walk around I would put the baby in the sling. Then my hands were free to catch my balance or carry water and ice.

ChristineG
09-13-2005, 08:57 AM
I sling from birth, though I've never had a section. Actually, I guess the babies are generally a day old because the midwives tell us to stay in bed for a day, so I don't use the sling RIGHT away, but pretty soon after. :heart

I think listening to your body is always the best idea. As far as the baby is concerned, it is never too early to sling! :)

mackinsiesmom
09-13-2005, 01:04 PM
I started when dd was 3 months but that is because I didn't know about them until them.

Radosny Matka
09-13-2005, 06:29 PM
Patrick was just a few days old, but I also have a vaginal delivery. I know, not much help...

joyful mama
09-15-2005, 12:32 PM
that's what I thought... though I was really curious about those who had sections. Thanks for the input :tu. I end up carrying her around all day to 1. keep her from crying and 2. keep her from getting clobbered by her well meaning but crazy older sis :crazy. So, I might jsut be using it very soon. I've never used one before, only the baby bjorn and I had to wait a while for her to meet the weight requirements, lol. So, wish me luck!! I wish one of you could come over and help me put it on! the pics don't look too complicated...

ChristineG
09-15-2005, 01:53 PM
Jen,
I really think if you were physically able to carry her around all day, you should actually find it easier to sling. I wish I could come help you!! It only takes a little bit of learning and then it will be sooooooooo easy! :heart

GodisGood
09-15-2005, 02:46 PM
As soon as I came home from the hospital. No section though.